“Great new place tucked away”
Review of Ivy Bar + Kitchen

Ivy Bar + Kitchen
Ranked #305 of 484 Restaurants in Burlington
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Walkers and Guelph lines on South Service Road
Description: Ivy Bar + Kitchen is a Contemporary, Cosmopolitan, Restaurant and Bar located in Burlington Ontario, Canada. Ivy's approachable modern design and inviting ambiance, combined with a fun, fresh, and genuine approach to great food and service-make Ivy a favorite spot for upscale casual dining, cocktails, or weekend nightlife. From the moment you walk inside, you will be taken on an impressive journey of lush greenery, and casual modern elegance. A distinctive setting of contemporary furnishings and finishes create many unique spaces to accommodate a wide range of hospitality in our bright and inviting naturally lit dining room• An inviting dinner for two or more• Dining or drinks at one of our inviting bar spaces• A sociable group dinner• A small plate and cocktail gathering• A special occasion dinner for up to 14 persons in our Private Dining Room• Exciting weekend nightlife for a mature adult crowd• Large exclusive events. Ivy's appetizing cuisine ventures through approachable American and International chef-driven classics, with a touch of modern flair. A world-class wine list combined with a fun creative cocktail program- make Ivy 's warm and inviting spaces a first choice for discerning libation seekers of every taste. The nightlife on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays is created with accents of sophistication, to appeal to a classier adult taste. We are proud to be continually nominated as the destination of choice for evening guests ranging from late twenties, thirties, forties, and on. Nightlife on Friday and Saturday night after 10pm - the scene is full of great music, bustling bar action for a more sophisticated night out, and plenty of areas to dance, socialize, snack, or mingle the night away. Reservations are highly recommended.
Reviewed April 9, 2013

It was our first time going a few days ago- I went with my husband for a quick bite- we were on our way to the tuckers/jack astor's restaurants area on south service road and drove by this place. We didn't have or need a reservation and were seated right away. Very friendly staff.
The vibe is great- kind of like a bar/lounge/restaurant. The menu was very interesting- if you are adventurous and open to trying a new menu. We always go with the same restaurants over and over and are glad we tried this place. I am a vegetarian and their selection was good. They also have gluten free items highlighted-which I really appreciate since I have family members with allergies. The waitress told us that on Friday nights they have 28+ age range- which is a good idea to get the more mature crowd out. The décor is very sleek and interesting.
Give it a try!

1  Thank Nihaal

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Held my sister's bachelorette on Saturday night at Ivy. Had dinner and stayed for drinks. The food was delicious, and for a $40 set menu I was very impressed. There were 14 of us and every lady was very satisfied with their meals. Also, the servers were fantastic. They were very attentive and had no issues splitting the bills. The only negative thing I can say about Ivy, is that if you are in your twenties you will probably find the crowd too old for your liking. BUT that being said even with the older crowd, the music is good and the atmosphere is great. I have to also add that the restaurant/bar itself is beautiful. I would definitley organize another event at Ivy. Thanks again for the great evening!

1  Thank StephanieB660
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Just came back from a "singles type" brunch at the Ivy Bar + Kitchen and was not impressed. The decor and atmposphere are absolutely gorgeous but the food left very much to be desired. I had the worst eggs benedict I have ever had in my life! The bacon was cold, the eggs lukewarm, and the hash browns were soggy - a terrible meal. The bread and spread which we were served before the entree were very nice but that was where it ended.
Would not recommend this place for food!!! Looks great as a patio for drinks etc but don't order food.

1  Thank Julie F
Bailey E, Guest Relations Manager at Ivy Bar + Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Hi Julie,
We are sorry to hear about this experience, especially as the eggs benedict is one of our more popular items. We thought you should know that we have just recently, on Mother’s Day, launched our new Sunday buffet jazz brunch. Mother’s Day was the kick-off to the rest of the season, and the interest was outstanding! We are very excited to now be offering our brunch as a buffet with various stations set-up throughout our restaurant. Stations include a carving station with prime rib and ham, a raw bar with various seafoods, an omelette station, a waffle station, a hot station with our favourite goodies such as scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, hashbrowns and pastas, a selection of salads, breads and charcuteries and a dessert station to top it all off. We will also be featuring our $5 Ivy ceasar, mimosa and sparkling wine menu and live jazz music on the patio. We hope that you will consider joining us to try out our new brunch program and would love to make a reservation for you. Please e-mail us at reservations@ivybar.ca, to let us know if you would like to come in. We will take care of the rest and make sure you have a more than enjoyable food experience.
Hopefully you will give us a second chance going to into our second summer at Ivy!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

My husband and I finally made it to Ivy for their Thursday night social. $5 drinks generally gets my attention towards the end of a work week.

Without asking, the hostess seated us a reasonable distance from the live music so we could converse. Our server made it over to take our drink orders and the GM came to our table to offer us their hors d'oeuvres plate and some leaves that we could exchange for a wine sample.

Drinks were great. Servers friendly. Orders were accurate.

The bacon beignets weren't my favourite, but the caprese salad was fantastic. A huge stack of tomato and buffalo mozza surrounded by lovely fresh spinach.

My husband licked the bowl clean that had the cheese-stuffed kobe meatballs. I ordered the risotto that was cooked perfectly - the 3 small scallops on top for an extra $10 didn't overly impress me. I would order it with chicken next time.

We'll be back for the Thursday evening fun next week. Remember - reservations get you wine samples and hors d'oeuvres!!!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Having pre booked VIP for 16 people months early. We were told it had a dress code, fair enough. We had been previously for food and drinks, never had any issues. A dress code in Canada is generally nothing more than shoes and smart dress, no hats ect.
All 16 of us got there from a 25 dollar cab ride. Upon entering the building via the pre booked VIP line. One of our party got turned away for having a dressy sweater on!! Everybody else in the party had a shirt on, and the door staff were willing to turn away 16 people for the sake of 1 person not having collars!?? Not that the cost of a sweater matters that much, but it was a $300 dollar vivienne Westwood sweater!
Collars was never mentioned even when we called to add people onto the list.

The staff tret us really bad and were adamant he wasn't entering. So he had to pay another $50 cab ride to go borrow a shirt from a friend!
In the mean time the bouncers were letting other people who were not wearing collars in!!
The rest of the group went crazy with the doormen and almost came to blows! So does this rule of collars keep out trouble??.. Seems to create it if u ask me?
Also another member of our group went to collect her coat from coat check at the end only to be told.. I can't find your bag and coat!!! No appologise, just said 'nothing we can do!? When the lady told the bouncer.. His response was 'dont have a go at me because I am black'!!! And walked away!?? I am still stunned?
Generally the bar staff were decent.
This place is probably the most pretentious I have ever experienced.. And I have lived in many countries and drank in many bars.

I wouldn't step foot in this place again and neither will the other 15 people! And hopefully word spreads.

This is just a place at the side of the highway in Burlington for gods sake...

3  Thank Clidz
Bailey E, Guest Relations Manager at Ivy Bar + Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Hi Clidz,
Our dress code has proven at times to be a tricky thing to manage during our night life, especially when guests are unfamiliar with it and have traveled out of the way to visit us. Our dress code is important to us, as there is a certain image and demographic that we attempt to maintain, but we realize there is a bit of a grey area in some cases and can assure you we are looking at ways to measure this appropriately. We were told that one of the party members had a collared shirt in his car in the parking lot and we very much appreciate that he had gone to change.
We did look into the coat check situation further and discovered that the guest had previously lost their ticket which made it difficult for our staff to locate the belongings in a full coat room. When the guest had realized the coat was placed in the purse before it was checked, the staff were able to locate them right away it being the only purse in the room at the time. We apologize for any confusion in this regard.
Your feedback is always appreciated. Each and every suggestion can only help us to continue to grow and strive for positive guest experiences. We have taken your notes to our management team meeting in an effort to correct any future nuances and appreciate your patience and understanding.