After hearing mixed reviews about Saturday nights at Ivy, me and my girlfriends decided to find out for ourselves.
1. Clientele - women were either old and on the prowl in their stillettos (I will use the words "cougars" and "real housewives" to describe ti) or very frumpy. There were only a handful of attractive women.
2. Men were mixed but generally pushy.
3. By 12:30 pm people were drunk and sloppy and the men desparate.
4. The music was a mixed bag of (bad) 80's/90's or repeated top 40 dance hits (e.g., we heard two 1980's Whitney Houston songs in 1 hour and Britney Spears/Will.i.am twice in one hour).
5. The layout of the bar/dance floor is terrible. There is no flow so it is difficult to walk to the bar, find a place to stand, or just move.
6. The bar was very stuffy. Perhaps all of the sloppy-sweaty dancing had something to do with it? I'm sure the patio is an improvement in the summer.
7. Good luck getting a drink because it was so difficult to go up to the bar. And once you get a drink, be careful because someone is bound to knock it over.
1. I think this is where people (including married men) go to 'hook up'...if you're into that.
2. The line up is no issue if you look good.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.