“Good food, friendly staff at good prices”

Pomelo Thai & Viet Cuisine
Ranked #289 of 474 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Good food, friendly staff at good prices”
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have eaten here a number of times. Solid place to go. Friendly service, good food and good prices. It never seems busy - not sure why - but we have always had a good experience. Pho Noodle Soups are terrific!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Sue O

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
“Excellent quality, Fresh vegetables”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Love their food. Mostly get take-out although eating in is nice too. As a vegan, I love the vegetables and tofu dishes. Has always been good and a bit unique and different from typical Thai restaurant food.

• Visited May 2014
Toronto
“just ok”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

The problem with having been to both Thailand and Vietnam is that I guess nothing ever tastes the same here as it does there.. this place was quite ok, but it didn't really make me want to come back....the food is decent, and the staff is nice, but will not be a return customer.

• Visited May 2013
Stoney Creek, Canada
“A Life Altering Thai Experience!!!”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I’m going to be completely honest. I never really cared for Thai food. Wasn’t big on my list of cravings and I’ve never been fond of curried dishes. Then one day, a co-worker and I had lunch at Pomelo, and everything changed after that!

I can’t get enough of this place!!! Oh, I’ve tried other Thai restaurants to see if maybe my previous opinions were biased, but none can compare.

From the fresh spring rolls to the Curry Pumpkin Soup, from the Ginger Beef to the Panang Kai, Green Curry, Red Curry, Golden Curry; they're all great! Pomelo is a feast for the senses!!! The sauce they use for their Thai Dumplings should be bottled and sold in stores. It's that good!

The atmosphere is very tasteful, the staff are courteous and prompt, and the food is served piping hot and tastes out of this world!

My wife and I now make regular visits to Pomelo, and since first trying it over two years ago, continue to introduce it to our family and friends. Everyone raves about it and it’s our favourite place to eat in Burlington. I would recommend it to anyone, even those who say they don’t like Thai food.

• Visited March 2014
Burlington, Canada
“Delicious - both Eat in and Delivery !”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Excellent. The calamari was unique and spectacular - lightly dusted with salt and pepper it left me wanting to order more.
Though I am skeptical ordering Thai food for delivery, due to the careful nature of the food, it was even better. I ordered the Shrimp salad & Seafood Noodle. Scoffed it down within minutes.. it came hot and not soggy - which for some reason I expected.
Also - the alcoholic beverage "Lychee Sour" was awesome, one of my new favorite drinks thanks to Pomelo!!
Will be ordering again - and won't be a skeptic about delivery!

• Visited December 2013