“just ok”

Good for: Families with children
Toronto
“just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

The problem with having been to both Thailand and Vietnam is that I guess nothing ever tastes the same here as it does there.. this place was quite ok, but it didn't really make me want to come back....the food is decent, and the staff is nice, but will not be a return customer.

• Visited May 2013

Stoney Creek, Canada
“A Life Altering Thai Experience!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

I’m going to be completely honest. I never really cared for Thai food. Wasn’t big on my list of cravings and I’ve never been fond of curried dishes. Then one day, a co-worker and I had lunch at Pomelo, and everything changed after that!

I can’t get enough of this place!!! Oh, I’ve tried other Thai restaurants to see if maybe my previous opinions were biased, but none can compare.

From the fresh spring rolls to the Curry Pumpkin Soup, from the Ginger Beef to the Panang Kai, Green Curry, Red Curry, Golden Curry; they're all great! Pomelo is a feast for the senses!!! The sauce they use for their Thai Dumplings should be bottled and sold in stores. It's that good!

The atmosphere is very tasteful, the staff are courteous and prompt, and the food is served piping hot and tastes out of this world!

My wife and I now make regular visits to Pomelo, and since first trying it over two years ago, continue to introduce it to our family and friends. Everyone raves about it and it’s our favourite place to eat in Burlington. I would recommend it to anyone, even those who say they don’t like Thai food.

• Visited March 2014
Burlington, Canada
“Delicious - both Eat in and Delivery !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Excellent. The calamari was unique and spectacular - lightly dusted with salt and pepper it left me wanting to order more.
Though I am skeptical ordering Thai food for delivery, due to the careful nature of the food, it was even better. I ordered the Shrimp salad & Seafood Noodle. Scoffed it down within minutes.. it came hot and not soggy - which for some reason I expected.
Also - the alcoholic beverage "Lychee Sour" was awesome, one of my new favorite drinks thanks to Pomelo!!
Will be ordering again - and won't be a skeptic about delivery!

• Visited December 2013
“One of my 2 favorite Burlington Restaurants”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Some of the best Thai food I have eaten. The red curry is thick and appropriately spicy....mix it with the rice. Mango chicken salad is crispy and fresh. The hot and sour soup is better than I had in Bangkok. At lunch, try the spicy squid, as it comes with rice and soup. I eat there often, and have never been disappointed. The only improvement I can suggest is to have the staff in Thai costume rather than "Canadian casual", but fortunately this does not detract from the delicious food. Yummie.

• Visited March 2014
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
“Impressed, Again and Again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

I love this restaurant. It started when my mother took me there for their Pho. We have never had pho with such good quality meat. No matter who I go with, or what I have ordered, everything has been fresh and amazingly flavoured. My vegetarian girlfriend loves all the veggie dishes, and rest of us love the duck, fish, beef, and chicken (especially the fish). The coconut sticky rice desert is the so unique and tasty! Dinner is my favourite at Pomelo, never too crowded or loud, and great atmosphere.

• Visited November 2013