“You really should try this place!”
Review of Luminescence Spa

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Luminescence Spa
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I would go back definitely! Both the owner and her mother were very nice & yes talkative, but that certainly is a very nice changes from going to other places where they don't speak to you but rather their co-workers - and not in English! I booked the Fall Special for both myself & friend for a special birthday treat. Although we didn't have time for the facials, because of our schedules, we were told we could go back for the facials anytime.
I loved my pedicure, a little extra goes a long way ladies! And there's free parking behind the building!
My new favourite colour "Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ".
Thanks again!

3  Thank Nancy1461

Reviewed July 9, 2012

In early January 2012, I decided to search online for a spa (at a decent price), as a treat to myself for my upcoming 30th birthday. I found Luminescence Spa in Burlington, Ontario. They were offering a holiday special: a facial, manicure and pedicure for $99.00. I called and spoke to the owner, whose phone manner was less than professional, but she agreed to extend the deal to January 21, which was the day I wanted. The price was great and the location was good, so I made the appointment. I gave her my name and phone number and at the end of the call, she repeated the date and appointment time: January 21, 2012 at 3:00pm.

In anticipation of my solo spa day, my spouse brought our son (and dog) to Grandma's house and they spent the day there. I rearranged my entire day so I could enjoy this spa experience for my birthday. On January 21, 2012 at 2:45pm, I parked in front of the spa and went inside to make change for the parking meter (to top up the one hour already paid to 2.5 hours, the amount of time that I was going to spend inside the spa). The spa is adjacent to a hair salon, which was open. I opened the spa door and all the lights were off. The receptionist at the hair salon noticed that I opened the door for Luminescence Spa and told me that they're closed today! I explained that I have a 2.5 hour appointment starting in 15 minutes. He, along with two other hair salon employees, proceeded to tell me that the owner had a death in the family and had to travel out of country. They told me that she left a few days earlier and told them that she called all her appointments to cancel/reschedule. She did not call me! I was so livid, having already paid one hour into the parking meter and having rearranged my day to accommodate the spa day...for nothing! I immediately called another spa in the general vicinity (whom I had already researched online) and went over there, was given a personal tour of the spa and I made an appointment for two days later. Even though I received less services there for more money, the customer service and ambiance was impeccable.

On February 21, 2012, just before 5:00pm, I received a phone call from a woman. Without introducing herself, she chastised me for "missing my appointment on February 21". I asked who she is and where she is calling from, and she said she is the owner of Luminescence Spa. I explained what happened on January 21 and she apologized, stating that "someone" wrote my appointment down for February 21 instead of January 21. I told her that I appreciate the apology but I cannot accept it. Even though she identified herself as the owner, and I recognized her voice from early January, she refused to admit that she was the one I spoke to and refused to take responsibility for the error. I told her that I went to another spa and received wonderful services and they were glad to accept my money. I also told her that I wrote negative (but honest) reviews online about her spa and told many people about my experience. This caused her to be VERY upset and she started YELLING at me, saying "you don't know me, you don't know my business, how dare you!" . I was so angry that I simply told her to never call me again and I ended the call. IF I was even considering going to her spa to give her a second chance (which I wasn't), I definitely wouldn't have after she YELLED at me and chastised ME for "missing my appointment". Thankfully, she didn't ask for my address or credit card number when I made the appointment, so she cannot charge me or invoice me for the "missed" appointment.

I would caution everyone about going to Luminescence Spa. Actually, I would recommend that NOBODY go to this spa, if you are considering it. She runs her business in a very shady way, she has no phone manner whatsoever, she is extremely unprofessional and rude. It's one of those things that proved to be accurate: if the deal is too good to be true, it probably is...and wow, was it ever! I've learned my lesson and will definitely pay more to get better services elsewhere. I found a wonderful spa in the general vicinity which I will gladly continue going to in the future.

Thank you.

24  Thank HoLLeR1982
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I booked here after purchasing a groupon for a manicure, pedicure and facial. I set up an appointment and when I arrived, there was no one there! I called but no answer, so after 45 minutes of waiting, I left. I received a phone call after a half an hour, with many apologies and a request to come back. I obliged. Unfortunately, this meant that I had to pay for parking twice.

Apparently there was some sort of mix up, but I swear that the owner was the one who took my reservation...Anyway, the manicure and pedicure were very good. The facility itself is quite small and a bit dark for me. The facial left a bit to be desired. A more customized facial would have been preferable, or at least an assessment of my skin and what I could be doing to ensure a healthy glow. I would go back for a mani pedi, but not for a facial.

6  Thank princess_lacontessa
Reviewed April 26, 2012

The owner is a nice friendly lady........and very Chatty. !!!!! My Manicure and Pedicure were good........

but was not impressed with the Facial, she does not ask ANY questions about your Skin, or concerns, allergys etc..... I get the impression Everyone gets the SAME facial....... !!

I also found her a bit rough.....although a nice lady overall, I will not be returning.

5  Thank BurlingtonTrixie