“good wings”

5 West Brew Pub & Kitchen
Ranked #114 of 489 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American, British, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Craft Brew Pub and Kitchen Crafted for an Exceptional Experience. Live Entertainment Thursday Friday Saturday and Sunday
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My handsome fiance and I went to see our friends band play, and we also ordered some food.
We ordered one pound of cajun butter wings, they we so good we ordered a second pound! The service was not overly good. Our server didnt know what kind of imported beer in bottles they had. That is a huge pet peeve of mine. Yes, I would go back specifically for the wings.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Nice looking pub, excellent British based band playing oldies. It was busy and we waited a long time to receive our food. Food was nothing to shout about at all. Had mussels and was very ill the next day :( Won’t go back for food.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

British food often (undeservedly) gets a bad rap in my opinion - everybody that we have taken to the UK has been blown away by the the food. It's nice to finally see some of the really great aspects of british pub food brought into the Gastro-pub concept.

We ate dinner here on a Saturday night. The place had enough folks to have atmosphere without being too crowded or loud. We had made reservations and there was no wait to get our table. They have a nice selection of wines and beers (including Boddington's on draft, which is a personal favourite).

Our server was friendly and helpful, never far away when we needed anything.

For appetizers we had the soup of the day (potato and leek with bacon), baked brie in pastry with apples, vegetable samosas, and seared ahi tuna. All were delicious.

Main courses we chose were the lamb burger with tzatziki (very tasty and perfectly cooked), liver and onions with bacon (against really nicely prepared and presented with mash and seasonal veg), chicken curry (in true british "pub curry" style with flatbread and raita), mussels and fries.

The bill, including drinks was around $180 for 5 - we didn't have room for desert and we brought home a doggie bag, so portions were very well-sized.

A very nice dinner, true to the spirit of a gastro-pub. Definitely recommended.

1  Thank TravellingBritNY
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

I was expecting a little better quality of food. The beef in my pasta dish was a poor cut, chewy with a few solid pieces of fat. I would suggest they leave those out.

Atmosphere might improve if the place was jammed but tonight (Sat night around 6:30 - 7) it was very quiet. The place has high ceilings and is very spacious .... Felt like I was eating in a cafeteria :(

Value : average at best. $16 for the pasta dish which was nothing special.

Don't think I'll rush back. Prefer the food at Marciano's by far!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

2 friends and I, having heard good reports about this place, had lunch there recently and all 3 of us loved the food. I had the baked spaghetti squash with roasted vegetables and curry sauce and my friends had the Shepherd's Pie and the lamb burger. All 3 dishes were beautifully presented and delicious. Imwould return in a heartbeat. Next time I'm trying the lobster mac and cheese........

Thank Elena M.