“Losing their roots”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: (905)333-3388
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We have frequented Pane Fresco often during the past 4 years and have witnessed a steady decline. Started out as an awesome bakery serving some great food as well. The bakery side is in steady decline - for example their semolina loaf was worth an hours drive - now its a dry little square....still an ok place for lunch or light dinner but look for great bread elsewhere.

2  Thank Walter C

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We don't go here often, but we went yesterday for gelato. The young guy, who dished up my husband's gelato, filled the bowl to the point that it was dripping down the sides of the bowl and going all over the place. They need way bigger bowls and a few tips on how to dish it up correctly so that customers don't have to end up wearing it! And the guy served my husband and then walked away and served some other rude customer who wanted some bread. I was left standing there looking at the wall, till some other young guy came and served me. He did a much better job dishing up my gelato so that it was all IN the bowl, although the bowls are still way too small. The prices are very high, but the gelato was good.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I drive from Toronto just to go to this place. The bread, the sandwiches and soups are divine. The smell of bread warms the place.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Mark took a chance when he quit his day j ob to learn the art of baking artisan breads. In his case, it's paid off--handsomely. We just shared the daily special. "Homemade" bread, meatballs, and spicy tomato sauce--oh and with some varied greens and tomatoey dip or sauce. $10.95 + tax , I think. Served fairly attractively on a longish tray and cut in half which worked well for me & ux. And help yourself to water from a jug which was a nice touch too.
Wonderful crusty panini type bread and when you bite down, the tomato sauce squished out but
not so much you couldn't control things. Plentiful supply of napkins was handy though. And you could grab a table in the main room or spread out to the larger venue , part of Burlington Downtown--a public, municipal service. Seems a pretty good deal all around!
Then couldn't resist the tray (we only took one!) of cannelloni ,chocolate flecks on one end and dusting of nuts on the other. The essential thing is that the thin pastry curled crust is still crisp--and it was. And a short walk from our office. Wonderful.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

I've beenstoppingin at leastevery few weeks for lunch. Really much more than just bread.