“A few problems.”

Cuisines: Indian
Central Saanich, Canada
“A few problems.”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We have been here quite a few times whenever we visit Burlington and have always enjoyed it. This time however there were a few problems. The food was not that hot & in fact the vegetables were almost cold. I did mention it to the server, but he just mumbled something about it being full on! Most of the food was quite good, but I did have the impression that they had turned down the spice level. I know that most Canadians do not like really spicy food, but then why go to an Indian restaurant? I did have some of the lamb curry and found a nice lean piece, when I started to chew it however, I realised that this 'lamb' was probably older than I am! After chewing for five minutes, I gave up but now at least, I know what 'aged mutton' tastes like! Maybe it was an off day, but based on previous meals, I will give it another try.

• Visited January 2014

Hamilton, Canada
“Cockroaches”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

DO NOT go to this restaurant, this restaurant was easily my favourite for a very long time now, but I sadly will NEVER go there again. Last night I was eating the bread they set out and a baby cockroach immediately ran out of my piece. I could easily identify it as a cockroach, so I quickly killed it, and got the waiter and informed him. He assured me it was okay, and he did not seem surprised whatsoever about the incident. We immediately left. I'm really sad to leave this review, but it made me completely disgusted with this restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank Jessica B
Burlington, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Chana Masala”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This place is great. I LOVE their chana masala (never too spicy, just perfect) and have it every time I go. Their buffet is reasonably priced and a few selections for vegetarians - which is great! Sometimes I wish they would serve the water quicker but otherwise no complaints.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Lee M
Burlington, Canada
“Tasty Lunch Buffet”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I was invited here for lunch by a colleague. I am not accustomed to eating Indian Cusine as previous experiences with other Indian cusine restaurants left me unable to know what to order or trying to eat something that was not to my taste. I was pleasantly surprised with the tasty dishes, especially the selection of salads and vegetables. I am not a big eater but really enjoy food that is fresh and actually prepared in a restaurant, "real food", rather than a plate filled with chips. While the selection is limited I was able to select from thing that suited my taste. The descriptive signs helped. I so enjoyed the food that I returned within a week with my husband and we both enjoyed a tasty lunch. I'll be back!

• Visited July 2013
Marysville
“Adequate”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

The best thing was they were open until ten o'clock and I was hungry at 9:35! The food was okay, nothing special but better than typical chain fare (US, Canadian, etc). My ice tea came out of a bottle and was sweetened, which nearly gagged me. The Naan bread was good, the shrimp curry underwhelming, but as I said, better than many of the alternatives I had at this time of night. It did the job.

• Visited May 2013