“great food, great service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nonna's Cucina Ristorante

Nonna's Cucina Ristorante
Ranked #57 of 471 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Howard
Kelowna, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great food, great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

Sadly, I had to organize a group luncheon for approximately 25 due to a post-funeral reception. However, Paul and his staff were very accommodating, even though we arrived 1/2 hour early and five more than indicated. The food (margherita pizza, Caesar salad, garden salad, ciabatta bread, pasta Bolognese, tiramisu) was excellent. In addition to regular coffee and tea, espressos and cappuccinos were available. We had a private room with great service. The stars were probably the salads: early March, yet everything tasted fresh out of the garden, and the Caesar salad was dressed to perfection, not dripping in goopy dressing.

We had basic food but based on the quality of the food and the service, I would definitely come back for a meal from the menu.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PaulGaasenbeek, General Manager at Nonna's Cucina Ristorante, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words. All of us here at Nonna's Cucina, from myself to Ashley in the office, were honored to have been given the opportunity to take care of you on that very important day. I hope the last couple weeks have been good to you. All our best to you and your family. Thank you again.

Paul Gaasenbeek
GM Nonna's Cucina

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
“A perfect night!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

I recently celebrated a friends Birthday at Nonna's with a party of 8 and it was such a wonderful night. The atmosphere and servers created such a special evening for us all and the live entertainment couldn't have been better! Food was delicious and a special dessert was made for the birthday girl that was to die for!! Looking forward to returning very soon for another memorable night, thank you to the staff at Nonna's for your attention on such an important night.

Visited February 2014
PaulGaasenbeek, General Manager at Nonna's Cucina Ristorante, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Hi Joanne. Thank you for the kind review. I remember your party well. You sat back in the wine room with 7 others. It was our pleasure to take care of you that night. Just so you know, we still have the huge martini glass for your next special desert. It would be hard to top a desert like the last one but I am sure we can do it. We all hope to see you soon. Thank you from all of us here at Nonna's Cucina.
Hamilton, Canada
“Enjoyable experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

I recently had the chance to dine here and I must say I was presently surprised. My wife and I felt relaxed from the moment we walked in. The live music set the tone for the romantic evening we were both looking for. Our waiter approached offering suggestions and personal favorites and explained there was no rush. We both enjoyed our meals thoroughly but the service and friendly staff really made the difference to our evening. We met the new manager Paul who was easy to talk to and expressed a genuine interest in our experience. Well done Nonna's, we will be back soon.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
PaulGaasenbeek, General Manager at Nonna's Cucina Ristorante, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
HI Sam. Thank you for taking the time to post this review. It was a pleasure to meet and talk to you the other day. I am happy you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you on behalf of the entire Nonna's Cucina staff.
Grimsby, Canada
“A great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

We recently visited Nonna's Cucina and let me tell you it was an amazing evening. From the food, the music, and not to mention the staff. The food was hot and not to mention delicious, we felt like we were right back at Nonna's house. The staff made us feel right at home. The chief even took the time and visited our table to ensure everything was going well.
We would strongly recommend Nonna's!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
PaulGaasenbeek, General Manager at Nonna's Cucina Ristorante, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Hello Julie. I just want to say thank you for taking the time to write this review. I was happy to read you enjoyed your last visit. Our team takes great pride in providing excellent service and great food to all guests. So thank you for appreciating all that we have to offer. We hope to see you soon. Thank you once again.
Hamilton, Canada
“Beautiful ambiance with even better food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

I have eaten at Nonna's several times and I swear every time I return I find a new dish to love. I try to have something different every time I eat here which is growing difficult because everything I try I end up loving. Whether it's the pizza, the pasts, the fish, or the meat dishes it's really hard to go wrong here. The service was exceptional and the value for what you get is very fair. If you have not eaten here then do yourself a favour and do so. The pizza in particular is amongst the best in Burlington as far as true Italian thin crusts go.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Hi Alex. I want to thank you for coming in and spending time with us. It was our pleasure to take care of you and your party. Every month we have a new special menu so I am sure you will find something new to enjoy on your next visit as well. Of course, you can never go wrong choosing one of our delicious signature pastas or pizzas. We will see you soon. Thank you again.