“One of my favorite pubs ever!”

Squires Public House
Ranked #26 of 472 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American, Bar, British, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Squires Public House rebranded in 2015, formerly known as Ye Olde Squire, is independently owned and operated in this location since 2006, by the same owner. We strive to serve the freshest food possible, and we hate anything frozen! We are dedicated to the art of scratch cooking including in house baked hamburger buns, and naan bread. We make all of our own sauces and stews, use fresh meats sourced locally, hand cut Yukon gold fries and house made desserts. Our menu is varied and diverse and we love to put interesting items on our menu, food that you just don't find in an ordinary Pub! Please try us some time. I promise you won't be disappointed.
New York City, New York
“One of my favorite pubs ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I make sure we visit ye old squire every time we visit Burlington. The last time we went in was over the holidays. We decided to be adventurous this time my husband tried the liver and onions. This was his first time trying liver ever. He said it was pretty good. I decided to try the bangers and mash. This was also a first for me and I quite enjoyed it. The service was fantastic!

• Visited January 2013
gsandhu2, Owner at Squires Public House, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
It was really awesome to read your kind words. Thank you! I hope to speak to you personally the next time you are in town! I appreciate our business.

Ontario
“Incredible food, the best Chefs in town!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Freshest ingredients, great quality, unbelievable flavor and freshness!! The best fish n chip I have ever had, rich gravy, superb sandwiches, fresh cold beer,,,who can ask for more :)

1 Thank Carolina0011
Thank you sincerely for your comments! My partner Chef Lightfoot and his brigade in the kitchen take a great deal of pride in preparing your favorite food! See you soon!
Ontario, Canada
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

We’ve been numerous times and are never disappointed. Value for money +++ Friendly staff. The full English breakfast is always to die for. The fish and chips are MUCH better and cheaper that the nearby Thistle fish and chip shop although mushy peas would be a lovely touch. Liver and onions and mashed potatoes yum. I’ve had the home made soup and sandwich a few times, delicious, plenty and filling. Always busy, you never wait too long to be served, again quality food with value for money!

• Visited January 2013
gsandhu2, Owner at Squires Public House, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for your remarks. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I hope to see you soon!
Toronto, Canada
“amazing burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

They make an absolutely awesome burger. Great fresh fries and really good salads.

Fish & Chips are also some of the best in Burlington.

Great atmosphere with it's large dual sided fireplace for these cold winter months.

Server knows the menu well and was extremely helpful with menu selection.

Mixed drinks are also really good here.

1 Thank canadian_investor
Than you so much for your kind remarks. Cone and try our new "Big Squire Burger". You will love it! I sincerely appreciate your business!
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
“Nice Place to Eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

The best BLT + cheese sandwich and home fires for breakfast in Burlington, well just my option! Great way to start your Saturday or Sunday morning. The waitress is so nice, I wish I knew her name but she has been there for years and always does a great job. Food is just as good at night. Fish & Chips and Steak Pie are our favorites and are always great! We will be back!!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Lesley C
gsandhu2, Owner at Squires Public House, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments! Chef Lightfoot does a wonderful job on our menu and Lorraine is who looks after you on the weekends. She is an amazing employee that's for sure! Thank you for your business!