“A must see in Burlington” 4 of 5 bubbles

Burlington Art Centre
Burlington, Canada
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“A must see in Burlington”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

The BPAC is a great addition to Burlingtons already great community. The layout of the building is great, amenities are excellent and as a place to go and catch a concert, play or take your kids to camp, it is well worth it.

Visited December 2012

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Not inspiring”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

I went to the Burlington art centre with my boyfriend on Valentine's weekend to continue a day long date. I loved that it was free and wanted to support the local art, but I was disappointed. The venue was small and didn't have much interesting art. I support that they showcase local talent but they should do a better job at selecting pieces. It's nice that they have an event venue but it was dated, had low ceilings in some areas and was uninspiring. The room I liked the most was the actual gallery show room, and although the photos were terrible the space was modern and a could be a great event space. Go to this place only if you are in the area and need to kill an hour.

3 Thank Mariella I
Burlington, Canada
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Great Way to Spend a Leisurely Hour or Two”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

The Burlington Art Centre deserves to be seen. While there, you can view local artists at work. Then, you can go into the gift shop and buy beautiful Canadian handmade gifts. If you're hungry, you can visit the snack shop and enjoy the view of the waterfront in Burlington while nibbling on snacks and desserts. In the wintertime, I like to go into the tropical garden and enjoy looking at all the plants which are named for origin and place. Parking is at the side of the building.
I wish they didn't charge for parking, as this is an art gallery for locals to enjoy.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Pat W
Hamilton, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Unique artwork for all tastes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

We love to wander and pick up pieces for gifts. Fabulous blown glass, pottery and unique wall art. Go see for yourself, One of a kind treasures

Visited December 2011
3 Thank soloist61
Toronto, Canada
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“Is to art what windowless vans are to free candy.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

I know Burlington isn't the hotbed of art culture in the universe, but after walking through this mishmash of uninspired "art", I feel that the curator should be taken to task for this epic failure of a facility. The building itself is well equipped to host fuctions and under the right direction could really set it apart from similar venues in the GTA. I question the selection of most of the art pieces, there really is no rhyme nor reason. It makes me wonder if the artists are relatives of the mayor or curator. I had high hopes for this facility, however, we walked away shaking our heads. A real dissapointment.

Visited December 2011