“Good food and great service at good prices”
Review of Eatalia - CLOSED

Eatalia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Caroline Street
Description: Escape the mundane and enjoy relaxing in Eatalia's hip, seductive environment where attention is paid to every detail.Situated in the architectural wonder of a 20th century bank, Eatalia is a dining destination that matches its exclusive clientele in levels of charm, style and good taste.
Mississauga, Canada
“Good food and great service at good prices”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Four of us from work met at Eatalia recently for a week night dinner (1st time here for all of us). Two of us were there early to partake in their $4 drink special from 4-6pm. I assume this is only on weekdays but didn't check. Great deal. We didn't do it but the $4 appertizer buffet looked great. Service was excellent and the decor very neat with the circular room and really funky chandelier. Two of us in our party had the soup (although there's not as much crepe in the soup as you might expect) and two others had the beet salad. Those were both excellent and recommended. For mains, both the seafood risotto and seafood pasta were good but just not excellent. Quantity of seafood was fine. Would be better with some bigger sea scallops instead of bay scallops. The risotto was a tad runny/too saucy. The pasta was better and cooked perfect but the sauce could have had more flavour. Still, the menu is very varied and I'm looking forward to coming back to try other items. Overall, I highly recommend this restaurant.

Burlington, Ontario, Canada
“Always a great experience!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I've used Eatalia for a retirement party, two Christmas parties, several family dinners, and most recently my sister and mine's birthday on Saturday night (March 16, 2013).

Oz and Rick never fail to deliver. They think of all the details and make sure your dining experience is as perfect as can be. I've had the group tasting menu and it's amazing every time! The quail and polenta is one of my favourites. On Saturday, we arranged for the antipasto for our group and all of our guests absolutely loved it. The food wouldn't stop coming, it was really delicious, fresh, and impressive. Eatalia has some of the best Italian food in Burlington!

The DJ also played great music, and actually took requests, which was refreshing.

I would highly recommend going to Eatalia again for dinner or for a party--I know I'll be back!

Burlington, Canada
“An Amazing Food Experience-Every Time”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We recently moved to Burlington and were looking for a place to eat on the spur of the moment. We were not really in the mood for Italian fare, but the unique décor and the name intrigued us, so we decided to give Eatalia a try. It was love at first bite!!

We have now been there 4 times in the past 2 months. Each time we visited, we have been warmly welcomed, even without a reservation. We get the impression that every dish we have tried has been lovingly prepared, is very fresh, creative and delicious. We learned that Jake, Eatalia's talented chef, feels he was very fortunate to have been able to spend some time working in Italy as part of his training and it shows in his dedication to prepare high quality fare.

A real treat is the 4 to 6pm Eatalia Aperitivo, with excellent pricing for drinks and creative antipasto offerings. The calamari was so light and tender, served with a heavenly aioli sauce. I just had to have it on another visit and it was still just as good. The scallops/shrimp and lentil dish was a wonderful flavour combination, with the seafood cooked to perfection.

This restaurant has quickly become my favourite spot. I have already recommended this place to several friends and family. Definitely worth every wonderful bite!

Glynis

• Visited March 2013
“2nd time there - worst than the 1st”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

1st time we were there food was good but service was really bad. Sent email to owner and he appologized and offered a free meal (we declined). This time you can see an attempt has been made to improve service but the quality of the food substantially has declined. There were 4 people in our party, asked for pizza to be well cooked and it was soggy. Order scallops/shrimp lentil dish, shrimp (and were salad shrimp) were not cooked and lentils were still crunchy, portion extremely small. Decided to order dessert coffee came and after 15 minutes no desserts, we therefore cancelled (btw they were cold desserts - s/b no prep). When we were leaving a waiter came over and said the desserts were now ready would we like them - we declined and he was extremely rude!. Will never go back

1 Thank kdbelluz
Burlington, Canada
“Glad we found this spot”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Overall a very good restaurant with a definite focus and ethos. If you love pork based dishes you will find a menu just bursting with excellent options; pancetta and prosciutto lovers will be in hog heaven. Good view of the street traffic too. I'd imagine this is fantastic in the summer.

It's a charming spot inside too. The wrap-around windows, high ceiling, and overall decor is pleasing to the eye and not what one typically sees in a restaurant. The starting breads were a nice variety, well presented and flavourful. Appetizer (meatballs with ricotta) were a good contrast of meatiness and creaminess. Good sauce too, though I would have like a smidgen more seasoning in the meat itself. Entrees were above average, though people with a sensitivity to salt may not be as appreciative because of the cured nature of many of the meats. For me though they were very good indeed and hit just the right spot.

Downsides? Not many. The front greeter seemed a bit discombobulated that we didn't have a reservation even though it was well in advance of the dinner rush. He did find us a seat and all was well.

Overall very reasonable, good quality, above average service and a place I can definitely recommend.

• Visited February 2013