“Great place to stay. Breakfast every morning excellent complimentary. Room service quick. Hotel clean. Beds great. g”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Burlington
Orono, Canada
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Great place to stay. Breakfast every morning complimentary. Room service quick. Hotel clean. Beds are super comfortable. Check in staff very friendly and helpful. Would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Burlington.

• Stayed July 2014
Shivani S, General Manager at Quality Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Shandarq,

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful feedback with us! The Gold Award Winning Quality Hotel Burlington is ecstatic to hear you had a great stay! We look forward to your next stay when in the Burlington area.

Please feel free to recommend us to your friends and family!

~ Recipient of the 2014 Gold Award by Choice Hotels ~

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights over the 4th of july weekend. We visited niagra falls and the african lion safari and planned on visiting toronto as well. This hotel was in the center of all 3 places we wanted to see so it was perfect for us. The place was good. The breakfast was ok. But we only stayed for the convenience not the breakfast. It met our needs and was a good place over all to stay at. It was also right off the highway (thats a plus). I did like that they had fresh coffee available 24-7.....it was nice to have a cup of coffee after a long day of travel and activities....I wouldn't mind staying here again if we are in the area.

Dear Nehurph,

The Gold Award Winning Quality Hotel Burlington is thrilled to hear all your needs were met here! We thank you for sharing such a wonderful review. Our location is key and invites a lot of travellers. Coffee/Tea station is indeed available 24/7 for guest convenience. We look forward to hosting you again when in the Burlington area next!

Please recommend us to your friends and family!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We had to have some unexpected work done on our house and chose the Quality Hotel based on the online reviews. They are pet friendly which was a must as we had our dog with us. Our room was spacious, clean & comfortable - hotel staff were very pleasant. We received a call from reception shortly after checking in to enquire if everything was satisfactory - excellent customer service! The grounds are very well kept, it was nice to be able to go outside with the dog and allow her to play on the grass. The large trees provided plenty of shade from the sun. I would definitely stay here again and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking for a hotel at a reasonable cost.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Shivani S, General Manager at Quality Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Lynne M,

The staff and management are pleased to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay! Thank you for taking out the time to write such a fantastic review. We are a pet friendly hotel and delighted to hear you were comfortable with your dog. We thrive to provide good customer service to all our guests. We look forward to hosting you again!

Thank you for recommending us to your friends and family!

Truro, Canada
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We were in the area with a choir and stayed at the Quality Hotel. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The breakfast was better than expected and our stay was pleasant but too short, only one night. I would stay here again when in Burlington and will tell others about the Quality Hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Shivani S, General Manager at Quality Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Deborah S,

The Gold Award Winning Quality Hotel Burlington is thrilled to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay! Our beds are known to provide a very comfortable sleep. We would love to host you for a longer stay and look forward to your next return!

If you enjoyed your stay, please recommend us to your friends and family!

edmonton, alberta, canada
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I was in Burlington on business and wanted a quiet, reasonable cost, easy to find hotel. I was pleased to find the Quality Hotel more than met my expectations. I would definitely recommend it to others. The included breakfast was a bonus.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Joe - St. Albert,

The Gold Award Winning Quality Hotel Burlington would like to thank you for taking out the time to write us a review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that your expectations were met! We look forward to hosting you again.

Thank you for recommending us to your friends and family!

Bowmanville
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We have been staying here every summer for the past few years. The room is very comfortable and clean and the staff very nice, the location is great as well. The included breakfast is good as well the only downfall being no waffles for the kids this year. Overall a great stay.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Shivani S, General Manager at Quality Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear FK K,

On behalf of the Quality Hotel Burlington, I would like to thank you for your generous review! It is a pleasure hosting you every summer. Unfortunately, due to maintenance issues the waffle maker, it was unavailable for couple days. It is operational now and hope you stay with us sometime soon!

We really do look forward to your next stay with us (hopefully before next summer!). Please refer us to your friends and family if you had a great experience!

Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I'd like to give travellers a heads up about two aspects of my stay at this hotel.

In the first, don't expect breakfast. Although it was included with the room half of the equipment in the breakfast nook (e.g., waffle maker, juice dispenser, etc.) was broken or didn't work properly. I observed many guests each morning at breakfast who were seriously disappointed by the broken equipment and the lack of options.

Beyond that, however, even the aspects of breakfast that weren't "broken" were scarcely available. When I came down one morning shortly after breakfast began I was surprised to grab the last sausage and the last English muffin. The pastries, muffins, eggs, and homefries ran out shortly after and by the time other members of my party came down for breakfast all that was left was yoghurt and bananas. Even the orange juice and apple juice in the dispenser ran out. All of this was at least half an hour before breakfast was supposedly finished being served.

You cannot advertise a breakfast that runs from 8-10, for example, and run out of just about everything before 9:30.

The next morning when I came down a bit later I ended up waiting 20 minutes for SOMETHING to eat because, again, absolutely everything expect for the yoghurt was empty. Oh, actually, the yoghurt was empty when I first came down but another patron asked that it be filled up.

My second warning is don't expect to speak to a manager if you need one. In two instances when I required a manager despite a sign indicating that there was, in fact, a manager on duty I was told there was no one I could speak to and my concerns went unaddressed.

The only time I did encounter a manager was to be unnecessarily chided by Kelly Regan, the Front Desk Manager, when I asked for a key to the Burlington meeting room.

Our party had previously requested access to the room and, as far as we understood, had been given the use of it for the duration of our stay. When I came down in the morning and asked for the key to get in I was told, "Well, you asked for the room but we didn't confirm you could have it." I was a bit confused, and said, "I'm sorry, I didn't realize we had to confirm it, how do I do that?" To which Kelly replied, "Well you can HAVE IT, but we didn't CONFIRM IT, but we'll let you have it..."

This completely baffling and necessarily interaction seems indicative of a larger problem with this hotel. I was never told I had to "confirm" I could have the room or how that was supposed to be done; why go to the length of lecturing me? Kelly and I had had no previous interactions up to that point and I see no reason why she felt the need to chide me --- just give me the room if it's available and we asked for it. It didn't make sense at the time and still doesn't now, maybe she was just having a bad day (it was only 8am).

Room Tip: You'll likely not receive what you request, be forewarned.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
8 Thank Keith L
Shivani S, General Manager at Quality Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Keith L,

Thank you for your review and honest feedback. It is with heart felt regret that we are receiving these concerns and I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that was caused during your stay.

This weekend was specifically a very busy one for us and we tried to ensure the food is replenished at regular intervals. On the weekend, our hot buffet breakfast timings are 7 am - 10 am. We have a breakfast attendant during these times for your assistance. Neither the waffle maker or the juice machine were broken, they only needed replenishment. However, due to a higher occupancy, the replenishing of juice took longer than expected but was successfully done. It is not uncommon for the breakfast items to be scarce towards the end as we try to diminish food wasting. Our breakfast attendant would happily provide you with any items that is running out specially right before 10 am.

Unfortunately a manager was unavailable at the moment but all concerns and queries are passed on immediately and looked after. I wish you had passed on the message to our front desk staff so I could have personally spoken to you.

We enforce strict privacy policy for the safety of our guests. For this reason, Kelly has had to ask various questions to ensure you and your team members will be using our hospitality room. Though we charge for the rental for the usage, you and your party members were provided the room complimentary. We maintain professionalism here at Quality Hotel and I assure you all our staff members regulate this principle. This was a miscommunication, however, I respect your thoughts and am truly apologetic for your experience.