“Pet Friendly”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We had to have some unexpected work done on our house and chose the Quality Hotel based on the online reviews. They are pet friendly which was a must as we had our dog with us. Our room was spacious, clean & comfortable - hotel staff were very pleasant. We received a call from reception shortly after checking in to enquire if everything was satisfactory - excellent customer service! The grounds are very well kept, it was nice to be able to go outside with the dog and allow her to play on the grass. The large trees provided plenty of shade from the sun. I would definitely stay here again and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking for a hotel at a reasonable cost.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Shivani S, General Manager at Quality Hotel Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Dear Lynne M,

The staff and management are pleased to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay! Thank you for taking out the time to write such a fantastic review. We are a pet friendly hotel and delighted to hear you were comfortable with your dog. We thrive to provide good customer service to all our guests. We look forward to hosting you again!

Thank you for recommending us to your friends and family!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

We were in the area with a choir and stayed at the Quality Hotel. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The breakfast was better than expected and our stay was pleasant but too short, only one night. I would stay here again when in Burlington and will tell others about the Quality Hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Shivani S, General Manager at Quality Hotel Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Dear Deborah S,

The Gold Award Winning Quality Hotel Burlington is thrilled to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay! Our beds are known to provide a very comfortable sleep. We would love to host you for a longer stay and look forward to your next return!

If you enjoyed your stay, please recommend us to your friends and family!

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I was in Burlington on business and wanted a quiet, reasonable cost, easy to find hotel. I was pleased to find the Quality Hotel more than met my expectations. I would definitely recommend it to others. The included breakfast was a bonus.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Joe - St. Albert,

The Gold Award Winning Quality Hotel Burlington would like to thank you for taking out the time to write us a review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that your expectations were met! We look forward to hosting you again.

Thank you for recommending us to your friends and family!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We have been staying here every summer for the past few years. The room is very comfortable and clean and the staff very nice, the location is great as well. The included breakfast is good as well the only downfall being no waffles for the kids this year. Overall a great stay.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Shivani S, General Manager at Quality Hotel Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear FK K,

On behalf of the Quality Hotel Burlington, I would like to thank you for your generous review! It is a pleasure hosting you every summer. Unfortunately, due to maintenance issues the waffle maker, it was unavailable for couple days. It is operational now and hope you stay with us sometime soon!

We really do look forward to your next stay with us (hopefully before next summer!). Please refer us to your friends and family if you had a great experience!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

I'd like to give travellers a heads up about two aspects of my stay at this hotel.

In the first, don't expect breakfast. Although it was included with the room half of the equipment in the breakfast nook (e.g., waffle maker, juice dispenser, etc.) was broken or didn't work properly. I observed many guests each morning at breakfast who were seriously disappointed by the broken equipment and the lack of options.

Beyond that, however, even the aspects of breakfast that weren't "broken" were scarcely available. When I came down one morning shortly after breakfast began I was surprised to grab the last sausage and the last English muffin. The pastries, muffins, eggs, and homefries ran out shortly after and by the time other members of my party came down for breakfast all that was left was yoghurt and bananas. Even the orange juice and apple juice in the dispenser ran out. All of this was at least half an hour before breakfast was supposedly finished being served.

You cannot advertise a breakfast that runs from 8-10, for example, and run out of just about everything before 9:30.

The next morning when I came down a bit later I ended up waiting 20 minutes for SOMETHING to eat because, again, absolutely everything expect for the yoghurt was empty. Oh, actually, the yoghurt was empty when I first came down but another patron asked that it be filled up.

My second warning is don't expect to speak to a manager if you need one. In two instances when I required a manager despite a sign indicating that there was, in fact, a manager on duty I was told there was no one I could speak to and my concerns went unaddressed.

The only time I did encounter a manager was to be unnecessarily chided by Kelly Regan, the Front Desk Manager, when I asked for a key to the Burlington meeting room.

Our party had previously requested access to the room and, as far as we understood, had been given the use of it for the duration of our stay. When I came down in the morning and asked for the key to get in I was told, "Well, you asked for the room but we didn't confirm you could have it." I was a bit confused, and said, "I'm sorry, I didn't realize we had to confirm it, how do I do that?" To which Kelly replied, "Well you can HAVE IT, but we didn't CONFIRM IT, but we'll let you have it..."

This completely baffling and necessarily interaction seems indicative of a larger problem with this hotel. I was never told I had to "confirm" I could have the room or how that was supposed to be done; why go to the length of lecturing me? Kelly and I had had no previous interactions up to that point and I see no reason why she felt the need to chide me --- just give me the room if it's available and we asked for it. It didn't make sense at the time and still doesn't now, maybe she was just having a bad day (it was only 8am).

Room Tip: You'll likely not receive what you request, be forewarned.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
8  Thank Keith L
Shivani S, General Manager at Quality Hotel Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Keith L,

Thank you for your review and honest feedback. It is with heart felt regret that we are receiving these concerns and I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that was caused during your stay.

This weekend was specifically a very busy one for us and we tried to ensure the food is replenished at regular intervals. On the weekend, our hot buffet breakfast timings are 7 am - 10 am. We have a breakfast attendant during these times for your assistance. Neither the waffle maker or the juice machine were broken, they only needed replenishment. However, due to a higher occupancy, the replenishing of juice took longer than expected but was successfully done. It is not uncommon for the breakfast items to be scarce towards the end as we try to diminish food wasting. Our breakfast attendant would happily provide you with any items that is running out specially right before 10 am.

Unfortunately a manager was unavailable at the moment but all concerns and queries are passed on immediately and looked after. I wish you had passed on the message to our front desk staff so I could have personally spoken to you.

We enforce strict privacy policy for the safety of our guests. For this reason, Kelly has had to ask various questions to ensure you and your team members will be using our hospitality room. Though we charge for the rental for the usage, you and your party members were provided the room complimentary. We maintain professionalism here at Quality Hotel and I assure you all our staff members regulate this principle. This was a miscommunication, however, I respect your thoughts and am truly apologetic for your experience.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

First of all, I should say I rarely give poor reviews. I’m not someone who nitpicks, and I understand that things happen from time to time that are outside of one’s control.

I arranged a group booking at this hotel for my family for my brother’s wedding. Family members were coming from all over Ohio, California, Germany, Michigan…
This was a group booking arranged months in advance.

Cons:
The experience was extremely disappointing and embarrassing.

1) Almost no one got the type of room they booked:
- My parents (father and mother of the groom) booked two queens. My Mom needed a separate bed for medical reasons, and instead they had one bed.
- My husband and I booked two queens so my brother could stay with us. We had one bed and a terrible pull out couch. This meant my brother did not have a bed.
- My aunt and uncle booked a suite for themselves and their two young children. There was no suite available and the hotel gave them two adjacent rooms (across the hallway from one another), which was completely unsuitable for young children. My aunt had to sleep in one room, sharing a bed with her eight year old and three year old.
- My brother (the groom) was supposed to have two beds so one of his groomsmen could stay with him the night before the wedding ---yep, you guessed it---only one bed.
- There was no cot available for another family’s child. I know this was not a given that something would be available ---but certainly unfortunate given all the other problems.

2) We checked in at 3:30 p.m. and only realized we did not get the room we booked when we got up to our room. We came down to the lobby, started to find out that no one else who was arriving was getting the rooms they booked. Around 4 p.m. I asked to speak with a manager, and there was no one available to speak with till the next day. (The next day was the wedding, and I was away from 8 a.m. – midnight, with no opportunity to sit down and speak with a manager.) When all our activities were done, and I finally had a chance to speak with a manager on a Monday at 10 a.m. no one was available. I still plan to call them, but really if the situation couldn't be solved the night we arrive ---what help is that?

3) This hotel obviously books a lot of sports teams, as there were young hockey and lacrosse players running all through the hallways. Keep this in mind, in case it bothers you.

4) The hotel rooms were extremely small.

5) The breakfast was incredibly disappointing. Very low quality, and portions ran out regularly. Waffle makers were broken. Many family members opted to go and find food elsewhere.

6) The hotel – although renovated – still feels dingy and old. The pool is right off the lobby, and often covered in water.

The whole experience was in such bad taste. I called the Hilton the first night to see if they could accommodate us. I was ready to pack all thirty people up and move somewhere else ---but obviously that is not possible at the last minute. If I could have, I would have. Instead we just had to grin and bear it. Our family comes from all over---and this was a unique opportunity for us all to be together ---which has not happened in five years. It is so unfortunate that such terrible service tainted that experience.

Pros:
The beds were comfortable. The noise seemed to die out towards the end of the night, and we slept well.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
9  Thank Maria V

Dear Maria V,

Thank you taking out the time to write your honest feedback. I believe Aleksandra, our Sales Manager, has had a fantastic relationship with you all along and has been there for any questions or concerns.

This was an isolated incidence where a few of the room types you booked were not available. We had an unexpected delay in the departure date for few rooms. However, we ensure you received the number of beds as requested despite of the room type. We upgraded you to our premium floor along with a gift card for food. Although we were unable to provide you with the requested suite, we did offer 2 rooms adjacent to one another on the same side of hall for the same price. All the rooms that required 2 separate beds were provided with 2 beds on our premium floor.

This weekend was an extremely busy one for us with all sports teams and wedding groups. We tried to ensure the replenishment could be done as fast as possible. However, it saddens us to see you did not enjoy the hot buffet breakfast.

Maria, please contact me directly as I would be pleased to compensate you with your unsatisfactory experience. We value your business and really hope to host you here again!

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Just once I would like to stay at a location that advertises fitness equipment and they really have it. I phoned ahead to confirm it this facility had a weight machine. It was clarified with me that they had a Bow-flex type machine. Great!! Too bad no one there knew how to maintain it. It was/is in REALLY rough shape. Took my husband the better part of half an hour to get it barely operational.
The breakfast - cold :( And I need Imodium for 2 days after.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Linda V

Dear Linda V,

Thank you for taking out the time to give us your feedback. We have never had any complaints with the Bow-Flex machine in the fitness centre. Our maintenance manager had a look at it and all seems to be working in a good condition. Can you please contact me as I we are unable to determine what is not working. There is no rust or stain on it, any feedback would be appreciated!

Our breakfast passes the Ontario Health Inspection. We have burners at the bottom of the chaffing dishes to keep the food warm. We also have cold items along with the hot items for variety.