“Had a great sleep”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Burlington
Lindsay, Ontario
“Had a great sleep”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed 2 nights in room 433. Was the quietest room I have stayed in for a long time. The only improvements I would suggest is better towels and hair conditioner in the rooms and safes. I am a very light sleeper and they honoured my requests for the right room. Will stay again if visiting the area.

Room Tip: Top floor away from elevator.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Anna H, Director of Sales at Quality Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time as we appreciate your feedback.

The Quality Hotel Burlington is very glad to hear that your recent stay with us was a pleasant one. The hotel does have safes located at the front desk for your convenience and we are also glad to hear that your request for a quiet room was granted.

We truly are grateful and appreciate your loyalty when visiting the Burlington area and staying at the Quality Hotel Burlington.

Award Winning Quality Hotel Burlington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Farmington Hills, Michigan
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I recently completed a 5 night stay at the Quality Hotel in Burlington, ON. My colleague and I stayed in a double room from Sunday through Friday. We are from the States where the Choice Hotels (parent company of Quality Hotel chain) does not always have the most positive connotation. With that in mind I had however read the recent renovation had improved everything about this hotel. I cannot speak to the experience prior, but it definitely appears fresh, clean, and modern.

The main lobby is average size and opens to the second floor making it appear a little bigger and more spacious. In all it is more inviting that a typical mid-level business class hotel. You could immediately tell the renovation was an actual investment not simply covering up bad with average. The materials, paint choices, and experience was deliberate.

Our room was adequately sized on par with similar rooms. Not enough space for a family, but for two travelers it worked well. The beds seemed a bit soft (not sure if they have all been replaced as part of the upgrade). However, there was never an issue waking up stiff or sore. The bathroom was very nice with good choices in countertops and tile. We always had plenty of fresh towels throughout the trip.

The breakfast each morning was very good. Not a lot of variety day-to-day but on any given day there were many choices including hot eggs, sausage (and/or bacon), potatoes, self-made waffles, along with pastries and cereal. It seemed that the food remained stocked very well up through the point we would leave which was as late as 8:30. There are also fresh cookies available in the evening which is always a great touch.

The pool and workout facilities were the only slight drawback. The pool was simply adequate, but the workout room seemed like an afterthought. You have to walk through the pool area to get to the facility. Neither was a deal breaker unless maybe a family was looking for a place with a large pool for multiple children. More so just something to keep in mind, but it is also nice they have such amenities.

One of the highlights was Jake’s Grill and Oyster House which is not attached but shares a parking lot with the hotel. Very nice bar with a decent selection of beers (not comparable to some places in Burlington though), and makes it convenient if you are not familiar with the area.

Overall, I’d stay at this hotel again given the opportunity. Wonderful renovation, attention to detail, and pleasant staff made this stay great.

Room Tip: The main floor was perhaps a little noisy although frankly I didn't hear it. Also the curtains...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Anna H, Director of Sales at Quality Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
The Quality Hotel Burlington thanks you for taking the time in writing such a great review about your overall experience. The Staff & Management always strives to ensure that all guests are comfortable and enjoy their stay with us.

Please feel free to contact us anytime for future renovations.

Sincerely
Brunswick, Georgia
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I read about how good this hotel was on Tripadvisor. I would agree with how good the breakfast area and staff were. The big issue I had with the hotel was my room location. I was on the same floor as the front desk and just around the corner from the breakfast area. On the first morning at about 5:30AM, I heard (fairly loud) the sound of the ice machine dispensing ice for a long time. Then, I kept hearing fairly loudly the waffe maker beeping. The breakfast area could be clearly heard from my room and, I am sure, the rooms surrounding me. I also heard the sound of foot steps throughout my stay.

I have stayed in a lot of hotels, but have not heard noise like this before. I do think the hotel is good, but i would suggest to anyone staying there to suffer a little inconvenience and ask for a top floor room that is away from the elevator and icemaker.

A note for the people who like to work out: there is only 1 treadmill and 1 elliptical for an aerobic workout, and one nice looking weight machine that has a variety of stations on it.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Anna H, Director of Sales at Quality Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
The Award Quality Hotel Burlington is pleased to hear that you have enjoyed our fantastic breakfast and the great customer service from our staff. I do very much appreciate you taking the time and addressing the issue with the noise level experience. I always welcome feedback to have the opportunity to rectify any problems that may arise.

Thank you once again for your comment and hope to see you in the near future.

Award Quality Hotel Burlington
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed March 21, 2013

After all the rave reviews here, I began booking the Quality Hotel in Burlington. Then I noticed that in order to book a non-smoking room, there was a $5.00 additional charge. Seriously???!!!! I have changed my mind and will book elsewhere. I leave my room without dirty ashtrays and smoke smells to be removed --- why should I pay an additional fee? This is a very poor practice indeed!

A point to note -- since I didn't not stay here, my ratings on the property should be ignored.

Room Tip: If you don't mind the smell of smoke, book a smoking room, you'll save money!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank owl_wendy
Anna H, Director of Sales at Quality Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
The hotel does offer smoking rooms at different price points due to the demand.

Please kindly let me know when you will be arriving to the Burlington area and I will be more than happy to honor the smoking rate for a nonsmoking room with a complimentary upgrade.

The Award Winning Quality Hotel always strives to meet and exceed guest expectations.

Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have been staying here 4 days a week for the last 7 weeks and would like to say that I could not be happier with the staff and service. The rooms are very spacious and the beds are unbelievably comfortable ! The breakfast is 2nd to none every single morning ! Wherever I go if there is a Quality Hotel there then I think we all know where I will be......

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent !!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Anna H, Director of Sales at Quality Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time and writing such a wonderful review. The Saff and Management are very pleased that you are enjoying your stay with us.

Please feel free to come to the front desk and ask for me, I would like to say thank you in person as well.

Your truly;

Gold Award Quality Hotel Burlington
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed with our family of 4 on family day weekend. Very relaxing. My son left his ipod behind in our room realized this when we got home, called hotel and one of their friendly (honest) staff turned it into the front desk. Loved the breakfast and enjoyed the pool. Hotel has recently undergone complete makeover. Looking for excellent value in Burlington? -look no further.

• Stayed February 2013
Anna H, Director of Sales at Quality Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you kindly for taking the time in writing your review. The Award Winning Quality Hotel always strives to ensure our guests are in great hands. We are very glad to hear that you and your family have enjoyed your stay.

Yours Truly;

The Staff & Management.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed February 15, 2013

As a regular corporate traveler with an average of 120 room nights annually and have stayed in a wide variety of 3- 5 star rated hotels. This Quality Hotel is a must stay. Hotel staff is outstanding, very accommodating they will go above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable. Always with a smile!!!
The Rooms are extremely clean, bed was superb. The morning buffet is first-rate. Long distance Canada and USA free included.
All in all this property should be rated as a platinum property by the Choice chain.
Kudos to Anne Marie and her staff I would highly recommend this property and I will definitely be back!
If you want a 5 star service without the price this is your place!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Flyer011
The Staff & Management of the Award Winning Quality Hotel Burlington would like to take the time and thank you for your kind and inspiring words. It is very rewarding and much apprciated.

Please contact us soon on your next visit to the Burlington area.

Your Truly;