“Fantastic Value!”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Our stay at the Admiral Inn was an unexpected delight. We chose to stay at the Admiral after a long day at Niagara Falls, before driving into Toronto the next day. I will admit I was nervous about the stay because of the price point of the hotel. What a pleasant surprise when we arrived in the clean and what appeared to be newly renovated lobby! In addition to the beautiful lobby décor, the hotel staff was very courteous and kind. Our room was a very basic double room, however the bathroom also appeared to have been recently renovated and was absolutely beautiful. Everything was very clean.

The one area I would recommend improvement would be the climate control. The hotel hallway was stuffy, as was our room until we adjusted a wall a/c unit. The unit was difficult to figure out and would go on and off – and then freeze us out during the night.

The breakfast buffet offered a good variety of hot and cold foods. I would definitely stay at the Admiral Inn again, should I be traveling this way!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank nmerci
Gina D, General Manager at Admiral Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear valued guest.

Thank you for choosing the Award Winning Admiral Inn Burlington and we are thrilled to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. The hotel is newly renovated for the comfort of each and very guest to ensure we provide the best customer service we can.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

I spent 2 nights here in June 2014. It's a very nice hotel with excellent rates. Friendly staff, clean rooms and the 2nd floor rooms have balconies which is nice. The bed was very comfortable.The lobby keeps cookies and coffee/tea available. It was a habit to grab a cookie whenever I left or returned to the hotel. The included breakfast is great! Real scrambled eggs and bacon/sausage, waffles, fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, juice, coffee and tea. The dining area is large and spacious.
A real bargain and I would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Hilts
Gina D, General Manager at Admiral Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear valued guest;

Thank you for choosing the Award Winning Admiral Inn Burlington for your recent stay. We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and also the freshly baked cookies!

We look forward to your next return with us....

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Having written my worst motel experience which was in Albany, here is my best. Our three
stays at the Admiral Inn in Burlington Ont. have always been excellent. If I could take any motel
room with me on a trip this would be the one. Gina and Magid on the desk, Nehlia and Annie
keeping rooms tidy are just a few of the pleasant staff making you comfortable in this oasis. If
you ever wondered what happened to crockery and metal cutlery at the free breakfast, it is alive and well at the Admiral Inn. Wendy makes sure that the breakfast room is span clean in keeping with the Inn as a whole. She also took a moment to explain to me how they ensure only the freshest fruit gets into the bowl.
The other highlight of this accommodation is it’s location. Easy access to the QEW Niagara
puts you in the area’s many vineyards in 30 minutes and Niagara Falls 20 minutes later. If the
traffic around Toronto is off-putting but the dining and shopping are high on your list you can
hop the Go train and leave the driving to those who haven’t yet completely burned out. But
take time for the Royal Botanical Gardens, African Lion Safari and attractive malls which are
situated only minutes away from the Inn. For those considering destinations east of Toronto but
keen to avoid the Toronto traffic congestion, the 407 toll road, again with easy access from the
Inn, is just the ticket . The Admiral Inn, a real treasure.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Beowulf320
Gina D, General Manager at Admiral Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Dear valued guest;

Thank you for choosing the Admiral Inn Burlington as your choice of hotels when in the area. We are also very gratefully on the wonderful feedback and review you have provided. The staff is just thrilled to hear all of the positive feedback and it makes us pride to have customers as yourself.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

I had just finished riding 120km on my bicycle and needed to get off of my feet desperately. The check in was fast the room was clean and the part I took note of was the front desk employee/concierge was very friendly and helpful. Location was convenient, right off of Hwy403 and many restaurants within minutes. The only critique is the shower head was not connected correctly and water was shooting over the shower curtain all over the rest of the bathroom.

Room Tip: no tips, it's inexpensive, convenient and you get great value for money spent.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Neilo M

Dear Neilo;

Thank you for choosing the Admiral Inn Burlington and congratulations on completing 120km on your bike! What a wonderful success.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

I'm currently staying at the Admiral Inn in Burlington for a couple of days with my fiancé. I came here to work while my fiancé is out finishing his scuba diving instructor's course. The lobby is really nice, the rooms are a little small but comfortable, and the breakfast is very good (a great variety of food). I must say beside hearing the neighbor's tv until about 11:30 pm - walls are a little thin due to joining rooms - I had a pretty good first night until I woke up this morning.

A few negative things: I woke up with little tiny ants crawling all over the counter. I had left out a container of nuts with the lid on by the coffee maker and there were hundreds of ants crawling from the floor over to the container. After I managed to kill most of them, I decided to go have breakfast at 9:00 am as I waited to have my room vacuumed and cleaned. It's already 1pm and I'm still waiting in the lobby to have my room cleaned. I would have enjoyed working on the tables in the breakfast area, but they lock the doors after 10 am. I mentioned my situation to the front desk and they said that they clean the checkout rooms first, although when I was walking by to have breakfast this morning I clearly noticed they were cleaning other guests' rooms that were obviously still staying here tonight as there were items left in the room. Not very pleasant for a person that is actually here to work. Too bad they don't have a table in the lobby. I'm stuck working on a leather chair while people are walking by, checking in and talking.

Room Tip: Make sure that your snacks are in the fridge or in a air sealed tight container.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank jewls927
Gina D, General Manager at Admiral Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear valued guest;

Thank you for choosing the Admiral Inn Burlington and for your feedback. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this might of have caused you. I would like to ask you to please contact me directly for your upcoming reservations needs as I would like to ensure that you will receive our best guestroom possible.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

We stayed for one night at the Admiral Inn in Burlington for a family visit before heading up to Collingwood for a week. We booked online. We arrived at midday but were able to checkin as our room was ready. Very convenient location and easy to find as it is just off the QEW at the Walkers Line. Only about a 20 minute drive from Toronto Pearson Airport in the middle of the day. The Inn has reasonable size rooms for a short stay, comfortable bed, spotless bathroom with good shower pressure. WiFi was easy to access and had a strong signal. Our room was on the second floor but carrying our bags up one flight of stairs was no trouble as we have learned to travel light. Suggest that a ground floor room is requested for people with lots of luggage. Double glazing all but totally eliminates traffic noise from the QEW. We didn't notice any noise at all. Breakfast was included in our room rate and more than adequate for out needs and available from 6.30am to 10.00am which suited us. Choice of juice, coffee, fruit, cereal, breads and bagels, eggs and bacon. We would happily stay at this location again.

Room Tip: If you don't want to have to walk upstairs ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Hugh W
Gina D, General Manager at Admiral Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear Mr. Hugh;

Thank you for choosing the Admiral Inn Burlington and for your feedback. We are thrilled to hear that your recent stay with us was a memorable one.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

On Sunday April 27th I sent an e-mail request to this hotel requesting if they had a pet friendly room available for this coming Thursday May 1st. I have yet to receive a response from the hotel. This disappoints me as we used this hotel on regular every other weekends last year from April to July and I gave a rave review on the hotel My correspondence then was always by e-mail as it is the easiest most efficient way to do things and to reach me. I just now checked and there are no rooms available but really Admiral could you not have utilized customer service to let me know? We are in the midst of a move and need a place to stay on Thursday night with our dogs. Oh well, I guess we locate another hotel. Your not so up there in my opinion right now Admiral. All it would have taken was a quick yes or no response to my e-mail and I believe 48 hrs is enough time to have responded back to me. I gave you a low score based on Customer Service. Last year I believe I gave you a 5 star. Very disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Gina D, General Manager at Admiral Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time in writing your review. The Admiral Inn Burlington would like to apologize for any misunderstandings that might of have occurd during your initial e-mail to us as the front desk team did reply back to you within the 24 hours of your request. The hotel was almost in a sold out situation and we were able to accommodate your needs. We are very glad to hear that you had decided to stay with us and everything went very well.

We look forward to your next return…