“Top place, many thanks”

Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Been staying here for the last week with work.
A friendlier group of staff I think I'm every yet to meet. Lovely, can do people.
Food supplied for our training event has been top class and plentiful. Technicals were seamless, which is a dream to a travelling presenter!
Not what I expected for a Holiday Inn, I have to admit, tons better!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
BurlingtonManager, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your conference at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

One word: Spiders. In my bed. On the walls. Pretty sure I woke up with spider bites from the ones I didn't kill before I went to bed.

This is not the only bad thing about this terrible hotel. Tiny bed - not even Queen size width, and it was the only bed in the room. No free coffee in the lobby - what kind of lower-end hotel doesn't even offer coffee, much less a free breakfast? Except that the rates they charge (over $140/night) isn't low-end hotel pricing. Bad value for a bad property.

Unless you absolutely need to be in this location, don't stay here - you can find much better nearby.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank CharlieWilmette
BurlingtonManager, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you Charlie Wilmette for your review. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I have verified your room with a queen size bed, which was on our first floor with patio door access to outside. As the temperature has been warm perhaps the patio door was open and some outdoor insects could have come into the room such as mosqitos, spiders or flys. I am sorry that you feel that you had some spiders in your room as housekeeping does clean the room daily they would have reported any excess of spiders to our Executive housekeeper.

It is important to us that our guests have a wonderful stay when they are here and I am sorry that you did not bring this to our attention will you here so that we would be able to look into the matter right away. As a Holiday Inn we are a mid scale hotel and not a low rated hotel which offer free coffee however we do offer free coffee cards to our IHG rewards members. It is free to sign up and is available to any guest.

Again I am sorry you feel that your stay was not satisfactory and do wish you had told us before you left so that we could have made things right for you. I do hope you will give us another chance to see that our hotel is a good palce to stay.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

No one likes to be away from home for work but I have to say that the staff at this hotel makes business travel a pleasure.

I have stayed at this property over 25 times in the last year and I love it!

The front desk staff (especially Kim and Dawn) are always gracious, friendly and welcoming and they often "sweeten" your welcome with a fresh baked cookie.

The rooms are clean and updated and the workout facilities are excellent.

I also really appreciate it when they try to accommodate me in my favourite room.

Overall, this hotel makes my life a lot easier when I have to be away from home.

Thanks!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We were here for one night while attending a funeral. Was a bit concerned when pulling up and seeing the construction, however we didn't experience any inconveniences from it. They gave us 2 free drink coupons to use at their welcome reception. The room was clean and fresh. Given a choice of 2 pillows . . . firm or soft. Restaurant on site but didn't use $$. No free continental breakfast here folks. Our only complaint was housekeeping trying to get into the room at 7:50 AM . . . . "sorry" . . . then knocking at the door again an hour later . . . again "sorry" . . . A word of advice . . . be sure to hang out your "DO Not Disturb" sign!

Room Tip: They offer two types of rooms . . . we stayed on the first floor which had a sliding patio door to s...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The Burlington Holiday Inn is undergoing a renovation, so the main entrance began construction during my stay. The hotel was a bit difficult to find since the signage was off due to the exterior repairs. The check-in was swift and accurate, and the staff was extraordinarily nice. The room was immaculate, the TV worked fine, but the bed was a bit hard. The room decor was recently refreshed, and the high-speed Internet was swift. Except for the overall age of the property, and the unfortunate past renovations which created one of those really drab atriums, the hotel was very good. I just could not get past the drab walk to the room, otherwise I would have rate the hotel very good. The building just needs more than paint and new decor to command a $100 per night price.

The breakfast was a bit pricey. However, the staff, again, was exceptional, swift, friendly and professional in getting one's breakfast. The food quality was good. However, the pricing was a bit steep.

The hotel sponsored a happy hour Wednesday night. Again the staff was exceptional, the drinks were good and the free appetizers were nice.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It does not disappoint except in its heritage Holiday Inn building, which needs cosmetic upgrades to make it more appealing and modern. Hopefully, the new entry will improve the curb appeal and the management will some how address the drab atrium in future renovations.

Room Tip: Get an external view, do not book the atrium,
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Dear fb0001,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re very sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is going to be long. Dirty and smelly from the outset. Very old carpet and furniture.Bathroom floor needs a very good cleaning because it seemed to be missed all the time. Key could not open the end door to get to our room the easy way. Clerk said were getting week per the main. Man Last day still the same way. Beds are very small for 2 adults to sleep in. Now I have back pain. Ask for wake up call on Friday and still waiting and this is Sunday.The water pressure is so so slow. Air never shuts off is very loud. Sink stopper does not hold water in sink. This is the first hotel we have stayed and there is no free coffee all the time. No soap dishes for the soap we use. I guess this hotel wants you to bring your own dishes. Water came into the lobby, gift shop, ballroom and restroom from a rain we had. They garbage cans to collect the water. Maid knocked 1 time then entered before we could get to the door and it was not even close to check time. The front desk does not seem to care because this must happen all the time. If you have 22 event rooms some thing has to suffer. Has to use a tall can of Lysol spray to get the smell down. Will not stay here again if this is how they run this hotel. Stay in many other Holiday Inns and never had to write this kind of review.

Room Tip: If there is any I can not help you.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank gramps66
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear gramps66,

Thank you for the review of our hotel.

We read with much concern about the unpleasant experience that you have encountered during your previous stay with us. I sincerely apologize for we fell below your expectations on most of the amenities and we are truly sorry that you did not find our hotel to your liking. We regret the poor experience you had during your visit.

It is our fullest intention to provide the best experience, as such, we are constantly looking into areas of improvements in the best of our efforts assuring you of our best attention and service at all times. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Every detail of my stay was outstanding. Every single staff member was warm and friendly. The room was clean, with a very comfortable bed. Really enjoyed the complimentary lemon water in the lobby. I will return!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business