“Changed for the better”

Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I used to stay at this hotel in the past and now returned after being away for a couple of years.
I was surprised to see that the place has been completely renewed.
The hotel staff is very friendly and attentive to the details making one feel welcome upon arrival.
This time I have been upgraded to an excutive king room, which is very spacious and comfortable.
I also tried the restaurant and I was pleasant surprised with the quality of the food served.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
BurlingtonManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you Bob Creek for letting us know how well you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I will be sure to share your feedback with all our staff and appreciate you letting us know. We have gone through 7 million doollars in renovations and all of our rooms have new carpet, new vinyl, new lights, new decore and new bathroom fixtures. Thank you for noticing the difference and letting us know that our staff took great care of you. Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

A bit of a drive to toronto, but right on the QEW...staff are very attentive and professional...rooms average - what you would expect from Holiday Inn. Restaurants walking distance (Keg/Jack Astors)...Free parking.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. We can only improve on our shortfalls when our guests let us know and we also appreciate when our guests enjoy there stay and let us know. Our staff try hard to ensure our guests receive the service they deserve and so Thank you for letting us know.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stayed here for two nights over a weekend. The hotel has a large atrium next to the pool which is not enclosed in its own room for a sound barrier. During my stay there were many groups of children in town for a tournament. If you come here during such a time, the staff clearly don't care about you as an individual. The staff did nothing to enforce any rules of the hotel. I was on the second floor facing the atrium (1st mistake) and had children running up and down screaming in front of my "balcony" door until 11pm. The hotel also decided to put on a big screen movie in the atrium at 8pm, with sound radiating to my room. I seriously wish I had brought ear plugs. The hotel has a conference room, why couldn't the movie be played there? The room itself was clean and simple. My only negative review about the restaurant is that when I added shrimp to my salad it cost $4-fine, but they only gave me two baby shrimp. The lobby is nice, the gift shop is nothing special. Overall, I would never stay here again as someone who values sleep.

Room Tip: Do not have a room anywhere near the pool or atrium. Call ahead to make sure there are no tournament...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you Carcar37 for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your room and that a team may have made some noise. We do have extra security on during team weekends to ensure the safety and peacefulness for all the guests. We also offer a movie night for all to enjoy on team weekends, should this not have been acceptable for you we would have been more than happy to room move you to our private access floor and offer you a room facing outside. I am sorry that you did not let us know as we want all our guests to be 100% satsified with there stay. We do hope that you will stay with us again as we do offer other rooms that would not interfear with any teams should they be in the hotel as well. Once again thank you for letting us know and we will do our best to keep the noise level down to our guests during there stay as this is what is most important to us.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

The dress is the lobby and the resturant. The pig is the lack of maintenance in the rooms and common areas, and the attitude of "your lucky to have me serve you!" Most business travelers who travel often check the air filters. It's easy to do. The stair cases are terriblely dirty and rusty.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Greg H

Thank you Greg H for your feedback during your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you feel our hotel is not to your standards and that our Maintenance department needs some improvements. I have forwarded your concerns to our Maintenance Manager and requested immediately that all vent to be cleaned as your vent was not acceptable. As an IHG standard, we go through all the rooms a minimum 4 times per year to check all furniture, appliances and heating units are in proper condition and so it was time that your room was due. As these comments ensure we stay on top of our rooms , we appreciate you letting us know when you stay with us so that we can go to your room immediately. Thank you for helping us improve and we do hope that you will try us again to see that how much we care about our guests feedback.

Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed overnight in Burlington as he was attending conference here.

Found the hotel on the internet and it seemed to tick all the boxes for us in regards to value and good reviews.

The hotel was not fancy The room was clean, the bed very comfortable but room temp was cold turned on wall furnace and after running 5 min on high started to blow cold air. it was a nice suprise to have a fridge and microwave in the room.

Lunch provided at conference chicken and rice was terrible. My husband wasn't able to eat it.. Waited to go for dinner instead.

• Stayed: March 2013
BurlingtonManager, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate our guests feedback so that we may improve in areas that need improvement. I am sorry to hear that your husband did not enjoy his lunch during his conference and I have forwarded this information to our Chef so that he is made aware of what our guests feel about our food that is being offered for our catering functions.

Once again thank you for helping us improve our food quality.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Rooms are decent, if you are looking for a good nights sleep, week nights seem busy and lots of activity. Reasonable room rates, I have stayed quite a few times but consistently find it too noisy until very late at night. Location is very good.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed overnight in Burlington as he was participating in the Chilly Half Marathon for the first time.

The hotel was not fancy, but very clean and the front desk staff were probably the friendliest we've ever encountered. The room was clean, the bed very comfortable and it was a nice suprise to have a fridge and microwave in the room.

The location was great as it was directly across the street from several well known restaurants, including Boston Pizza and The Keg, and it was really nice to have a relaxing dinner and know that you just had to walk across the street to go back to your hotel.

Extremely good value for money and we would definitely book the hotel again if we return to Burlington.

Room Tip: If you want to ensure a quiet room, make sure you get a room that isn't facing their pool and la...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple