“Still needs renovations”

Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Burlington
“Still needs renovations”
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Having stayed at this hotel during its extensive renovations, I had high hopes upon my return for a business stay. Unfortunately not much has changed - still old rooms with poor climate control. The gym is sub-par for a hotel of this ranking and you are best to skip the restaurant.

Couldn't sleep for two nights in a row due to loud ac fan in room which was required to keep room temperature reasonable.

• Stayed September 2012
BurlingtonManager, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We appreciate all feedback and will take your comments into consideration. We have recently completed our 7 million dollar renovations and sorry that you feel our new rooms are not updated with the new carpet, new vinyl, new lighting, new pictures and mirrors. Our fitness room is an open concept and has just received new change rooms as well as a lift for wheel chair access. Our restaurant is also completey renovated and has dark wood accents with a long quartz bar and a variety of beer on tap. Our designers to try to get the most current look and do apologize that you did not like it. I do hope that you will return and try us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I've stayed here a lot over the summer and the staff are always lovely and very helpful. Despite being next to a major motorway the hotel has a nice ambience and isn't too noisy, the rooms are always smart and clean, free internet and parking is great. Join Priority Club to get some little extras like free coffee and tea vouchers. The food in the restaurant is surprisingly nice with fresh tasting ingredients and there are a number of other good chains across the road so very convenient without a car. The gym and swimming pool are not huge but they are perfectly nice and in the open atrium space so you don't feel like you're in a little box like many hotel gyms. All in all I've had a great experience here.

Room Tip: Atrium facing cuts out the noise from the motorway
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful review as we appreciate all feedback from our guests so that we may improve where improvement is needed and enjoy positive comments when given. We are pleased with our current renovations and appreciate the loyality of our Priority club members. Once again thank you for you comments and hope to have you stay with us soon again.
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed September 1, 2012

stayed at the Holiday Inn Burlington for a 3 day course I attended. The Front Desk staff was very curtious and answered all my questions I had.
I was checked in promptly into a room with a queen bed. The room was spacious and also newly renovated. It included a fridge and microwave, flat screen TV and a spacious desk.
The bathroom must have been completely redone, it looked brand new with the new topper and everything. My toilet bowl had a crack and was leaking water, I informed the Front Desk and it was replaced immediately by maintenance. Kudos to the prompt job well done!
The only downfall and disappointment was the Restaurant. I had dinner there one evening with some other attendeees of my course and being only the 2nd table occupied there with 3 people we had to wait 35min. for our dinner and it came scattered. The first dish came out and it took another 10 minutes for the other 2 dishes to follow. My garlic bread, which I had ordered to come with my main course came when I was almost done my main course.
Again, check out was promptly and very friendly! Banquets staff was very friendly too.
I used the fitness area on 2 nights and found it must be under construction. It is somewhat small but has a wide choice of equippment available.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear becool_befree,

Thank you for leaving us such a detailed review of your stay. I am glad that our you found our front desk staff service accommodating and was satisfied with the room accommodations. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and services are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry that the quality of food and services received at the restaurant did not meet your expectations. I have taken note of this issue and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Thank you again for your review. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHG Care
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This was my first trip back to the Holiday Inn Burlington since it had been renovated and I could not have been more impressed. A super clean spacious lobby greeted me and I was checked in by a friendly Front Desk Agent who promptly got me to my room. Upon entering the room I inspected it thoroughly for cleanliness and there was not a speck of dust or dirt anywhere to be found. The service staff at every step of my visit were fantastic and found smiles upon all their faces. The location is great for an in and out business trip as it is conveniently located right off the highway. Special thanks to Shelley (Alloro Restaurant) Stratis /Mike (Banquets) Sonny (Maintenance) and Wendy (F/D) for making my stay just perfect! I will visit again for any business or leisure outing in the Burlington area!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I am staying at this hotel when I am on business. The hotel is due for a refresh since sometime now... The room are ok with TV and wifi. The staff is friendly. For breakfast, you get a buffet or a la carte.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
BurlingtonManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor. It is important to us to get an accurate review from our guests so that we may continue or improve our service. In reference to getting our hotel refreshed, we have just finished a multi-million dollar renovation with all new carpet, vinyl, lighting, pictures and paint in all guest rooms and all corridors. Our restaurant was completed last year and our fitness change room will be completed this month. We do offer Free WIFI throughout our hotel and all guest rooms have a new 32" flat screen tv along with a fridge and microwave. I am sorry that our renovations did not stand out to you but do hope that you will return in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Burlington hotels

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 16, 2012

After a rather long 6hr drive, we arrived to find that our reservation for a 3 person-2 double bed reservation had been reduced to one double bed and a lumpy pull-out couch, which we had to make up ourselves. The front desk staff, who seemed more interested in chatting amongst themselves, were less than sympathetic...And after our 3 room keys we were issued failed to let us in the our room the first time...and the second... the front desk staff's reaction was much the same. Location and surrounding ammenities were as expected and the room was clean, but will not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Wendy R
BurlingtonManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us as we appreciate all of our guests input so that we may learn about our service and improve where it is needed. I do apologize for the lack of attention that the front desk offered you regarding your keys issue, this is not our normal customer service and will be improved through your comments.

I also see that you had one of our Newly renovated rooms with a Queen bed and brand new pull out sofa. We do not make our pull out sofas as previous guests commented that when the sofa was already made they were not sure if the sheets were new sheets or left there from a previous guest and so we seal the clean sheets with a blanket in a clear plastic bag.

Once again we thank all our guests for there feedback so that we may improve our product and service.
USA
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at this property, mainly due to the front desk staff at check in. I asked for a quiet room and they filled this request perfectly. As others have mentioned, the rooms have been remodeled and are quite attractive, but the beds are too firm for my liking. Room trash was not emptied after first night and vacuuming wasn't thorough, but otherwise the room was clean. Overall, a property I would be willing to stay at again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo