“Average (business trip) - Good thing is the Wednesday appreciation day.”

Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I didn't pay, as it was business trip.

I think it's a good place to stay, specially if you happen to be there on Wednesday.
Go downstairs and there will be free food/beer in the evening until 7pm. I think they call it customer appreciation day.

So for the couple of times I've stay there I really liked it.

I put average because:
- They created a holiday priority number without my permission, thus it messed up with my previous priority number. Now they want to merge them.
- They put me in a room for handicap people, so the shower space is limited. (I'm not physically handicaped) so I guess I was taking the room of a person that might have needed it.

Room Tip: Upper rooms and those facing the highway are noisy. Wednesday nights there's free food and beer...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed February 26, 2012

This hotel is currently under major renovations. Despite the fact that our sports teams booked months in advance, we were not told that the pool was going to be 72 degrees, there was no longer a games area for all the kids to play and that the hotel was under renovations with drills and loud empty echoing spaces.

They only gave a slight discount at check in when we were informed of all the issues and when it was too late to move hotels with teams of 12 players and their families.

We didn't appreciate the ants on our floor in the bathroom or the watered down syrup in the restaurant.

Room Tip: Wait til the renovations are over. Very loud room that open onto the central open empty space.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2012

basketball998,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Burlington.

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed December 8, 2011

I have stayed here because of location but would love another option. Tired decor and the floors smell of food. Toilets are old and not environmentally friendly. Restaurants nearby better than hotel food.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank AuthorTraveler
BurlingtonManager, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about the Burlington Hotel and Conference Centre. We appreciate the feedback and forward the information to our departments Managers. I do apologize for the Newly renovated decor that did not seem updated as we have just completed all our guest rooms and corridors with new carpet, new wallpaper, new lighting, new art work and much more. We are also in the process of completing our Atrium area with new carpet, new decor and new furniture and anticipate it to be completed in the new year. Once again thank you for your comments and do hope that you will try us again once everything is completed.

Reviewed November 21, 2011

We booked this hotel for a wedding in August. We booked the hotel through hotwire trying to save a bit of money. The hotel staff treated us like second class citizens because we booked through a discount website. The hotel was very busy and understaffed, we arrived in town with only an hour to spare before the wedding. Big mistake as we had to wait almost half an hour to check in and still had to get ready for the wedding! The corridors were very dark and dingy, the rooms were outdated and felt more like a cheap motel on the interstate than a holiday inn.The beds were hard and ancient, both my husband and I woke up with aching necks and backs. I only payed $57.00 through Hotwire for the hotel and I guess it was maybe worth that amount but if I'd payed the full rate of $129.00 I would have been furious and most likely would have demanded a refund and gone somewhere else! Would most definitely not stay again! There are many other hotels in Burlington (we've stayed at many) with friendly staff and bright welcoming rooms, do not waste your money on this one!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CLMOM12
BurlingtonManager, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us this past summer. We would like to apologize for the service you encountered with our staff and having to wait at check in. It is our policy to give our guests 100% satisfaction and it is unfortuneate that you feel you did not receive this during your stay. We were and still are going through lots of changes with the renovations at our hotel and so during the summer were had been very busy with rooms and therefore the check in process took more time as we had to wait for our previous guests to check out. We have now completed our rooms in the tower and the decor and hallsways are much improved with new lighting, carpet, vinyl and much more. We invite you to try us again so that we can show you that we do not offer service like that and that our accommodations are excellent.

Reviewed October 25, 2011

We stayed at this hotel (which used to be a Holiday Inn, but has changed it's name during the renovation) for two nights while visiting family in the Burlington area. Overall, it's an average hotel with average amenities.

Pluses: clean, basic room, nice hot water, clean and contemporary looking entrance and bar. Good location. Comfy beds. Gave us a $20 IKEA gift card.

Negatives: Loud kids running up and down the halls the entire weekend. Although our room was nice looking and recently renovated, it was very basic and $119 seemed a little high. The bar was pricey. Our room had a very slight odor, as if it used to be a smoking room and wasn't completely fixed. The air conditioner unit was noisy.

Overall, nothing terribly wrong, nothing terribly right.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen T
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel many times while visiting family. It is under new management. It is being renovated. Our room has definatly not been touched yet. It needs alot of work. The staff was ok at check in. It is not as great as it has been in the past but still ok for a one night visit....

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jo_b78
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I stayed here for two weeks on a business. This place is not worth even at motel 6 rates. The front desk was the unfriendliest folks I have ever seen. They don't know what hospitality means. They said they would take care of me and they never did. I also saw bed bug on one of the bed and the place was stinking of some weird stuff. I would stay from this place.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank nik P
BurlingtonManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2011

It is unfortunate that you feel that our front desk staff was unfriendly. It is our policy to listen to all our guests needs and to solve any problems that may occur before a guests leaves our hotel. We appreciate all feedback and we do apologze that we could not satisfy your needs. The odour that you disliked comes from our Newly Renovated rooms in the tower, it is the new paint and carpet smell that may have a strong scent. Again we appreciate your feedback and would like to assure you that we are here to make our guests satisfied.