“ROACH MOTEL!!!”

Canadas Best Value Inn-Burlington/Hamilton
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Everything was fine with the room at first.. That is until the toilet would not flush. I lifted the cover off to see if i could fix it. I was horrified when i discovered that underneath the cover was a cockroach infestation. within minutes the were cockroaches running rampant all over the floor. This all happened at 12:30 a.m. I was in a state of panic as i really have a phobia with roaches (as many people do) I got my belongings, left the key on the counter and hustled down to my car. I didnt even want the refund, i just wanted to leave the premesis and not come back. A truly scary experience! p.s. i was also out $140.00.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank jeffery_ford

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We've been accommodating in Best Value Inn during the week after we arrived to Canada first time. We found this place nice and comfortable for us.
Reception and management were really friendly and helpful.
We enjoyed the time we spent here. Next time we travel again we will for sure stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2012

checked in went to shower had enough hot water for a minute got out of shower found bed bugs crawling on floor told my husband to pack up checked the bed sheets and mattress more bed bugs
went to manager told him that no hot water and bed bugs is unacceptable
refunded money on basis of no hot water
denied bed bugs and THEN stated that they "sprayed for bed bugs."
upon returning home and doing laundry i found dead bed bugs in my clothes.
THANK GOD! I had packed bed bug spray and sprayed everything including the inside of my car!

Room Tip: just do not stay here!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank zoo2626
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Within 15 minutes of checking into the motel we saw cockroaches in both of our rooms! We immediately went to reception and management and asked for a refund to which they refuse. Management/owners denied cockroach allegations but offered to spray the room while we were in it, they started to explain the treatment...I thought you didn't have roaches? The motel REFUSED to refund our money.

The motel was outdated, dirty, musty and obviously had a roach issues. We ended up leaving the motel and paying for another hotel elsewhere. Would NOT recommend!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 22Carla22
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My husband and I were in town for a wedding and booked this hotel for a two night stay. We have done a lot of travelling and have stayed in all sorts of accommodation, but this was the worst. The room was very dusty (HUGE balls of dust behind the tv and GARBAGE! Actual cigarette package and other debris that had clearly been there for a long time). The staff was extremely rude to us and even raised their voices at us about our concerns! Refused to give us a refund and lied to us about a number of things to try and get us to leave.

We would never recommend this establishment to anyone, and felt it necessary to write a review to try and help other couples avoid the same mistake we did.

The Best Western next door was so worth the extra money.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank M L
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I just needed a place to stay as I left a bad relationship. The rooms are clean and newly renovated and family run business. I AM STILL HERE and having no problems!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank ereynolds2010
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Upon arrival we were greeted with smiles. We checked in, we loved the room, very spacious and very clean. Everything was not to far, very conveniently located.
I would highly recommend to all my family and friends.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends