“COCKROACHES!! Canada's Best Value Inn- Burlington”

Canadas Best Value Inn-Burlington/Hamilton
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Burlington
Ottawa, Canada
“COCKROACHES!! Canada's Best Value Inn- Burlington”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Within 15 minutes of checking into the motel we saw cockroaches in both of our rooms! We immediately went to reception and management and asked for a refund to which they refuse. Management/owners denied cockroach allegations but offered to spray the room while we were in it, they started to explain the treatment...I thought you didn't have roaches? The motel REFUSED to refund our money.

The motel was outdated, dirty, musty and obviously had a roach issues. We ended up leaving the motel and paying for another hotel elsewhere. Would NOT recommend!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 22Carla22

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My husband and I were in town for a wedding and booked this hotel for a two night stay. We have done a lot of travelling and have stayed in all sorts of accommodation, but this was the worst. The room was very dusty (HUGE balls of dust behind the tv and GARBAGE! Actual cigarette package and other debris that had clearly been there for a long time). The staff was extremely rude to us and even raised their voices at us about our concerns! Refused to give us a refund and lied to us about a number of things to try and get us to leave.

We would never recommend this establishment to anyone, and felt it necessary to write a review to try and help other couples avoid the same mistake we did.

The Best Western next door was so worth the extra money.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank M L

Travelers are raving about these Burlington hotels

Burlington, Canada
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I just needed a place to stay as I left a bad relationship. The rooms are clean and newly renovated and family run business. I AM STILL HERE and having no problems!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank ereynolds2010
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Upon arrival we were greeted with smiles. We checked in, we loved the room, very spacious and very clean. Everything was not to far, very conveniently located.
I would highly recommend to all my family and friends.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Between selling of our house and taking possession of our new home, I shopped a variety of extended stay motels. I looked at many alternatives and chose to stay at Canada's Best Value Inn, Burlington, ON. Clean and spacious and recently remodeled, kitchenette and internet made for an easy stay. Great location for my commute and good internet connection for my p/t telecommuting job. An added bonus (personally) - no pets. This added to the cleanliness of the place after places like the Hilton allow pets.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 14, 2011

Worst Hotel ever!!! I checked in to a pre-reserved room, late arrival confirmed for 2:00am.
The room thay gave me was a complete mess, Obviously someone had been occupying the room, bed, bathroom, kitchenet etc, and Garbage was on the floor. The clerk offered to clean the room while I waited inside the room but this would have taken a good hour from the state of appearance. And the thought of settling in to this room after seeing the remnants of the past occupants was too repulsive.
The clerk was unable to offer me an alternate room and said I would have to pay for this room as it "is" available.
I took a taxi to another location where I was fortunate to find a room.
I am still dealing with the hotel to ensure I am refunded for the amount that they charged against my credit card.
Hindsight is: I chose a lower cost room as I was traveling alone and thought it would suffice.
My learning is: "You get far less than what you pay for".

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank takealittletrip_11
buttar, Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn-Burlington/Hamilton, responded to this review, May 18, 2011
We would like to apologize for your experience at our hotel and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like you to know that we have made some changes in our staff and have addressed all of the issues that you mentioned in your comments. We hope that you will please give us another opportunity to show you that we take the satisfaction of our guests very seriously. Thank you.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 26, 2010

We didn't expect much from this cheap motel when we booked it - my boyfriend and I were on a tight budget for our vacation in Canada, but since all we planned to do at our hotel was sleep, we figured it wouldn't be too big of a deal. Our regrets for booking our stay at "Canada's Best" began before we had even checked in when the couple before us - a scantily dressed woman and a young guy who didn't seem to know each other - checked in and walked to their room without any bags.

Once we arrived at our (with bags in tow) we were fairly disappointed with our room. It was clean and had clearly been renovated recently, but none of the furnishings matched, the room was poorly lit, no pictures on the wall, not even a coffee pot! Considering we selected this budget motel among others because it had a kitchenette in the room we were really disappointed to find no coffee pot! The disappointment turned to disgust as night fell. I only managed to sleep a few hours before the nightly activities of some of the guests the floor above woke me in the middle of the night and it didn't stop until well after dawn. Needless to say, I knew this because I didn't fall back to sleep - not even my iPod cranked all the way up could drown out the noise! I didn't try and contact the management because admittedly I was scared to - if the customers in the rooms above me were reflective of the caliber of patrons this motel serves, I was frankly afraid to walk outside at night to the front desk to complain.

On the following night we had another noise problem, thankfully this time it was just music and loud voices keeping us awake. My boyfriend called the front desk and the manager did take care of the problem promptly, but it disappointed us that we had to experience these issues two nights in a row. I don't want to bad mouth the hotel or it's staff too much, the room was not great aesthetically, but clean and the staff were helpful with every request we made, but if you're looking for a nice, relaxing stay, I strongly advise you look elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Orienteeringirl
Thanks for taking the time to share you comments and we are very sorry that your experience was not a positive one. We have discussed your comments with our staff members and trained them all to be aware of possible problems at our hotel. We strive to make everyone stay a positive one and we apologize that we fell short. Please do not be afraid to contact management at any hotel you stay in, most problems can be handled quickly. Thank you