“Terrible Mussels”
Review of Walker's Fish Market - CLOSED

Walker's Fish Market
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: walkers line
Reviewed September 17, 2009

Went for the 'all you can eat mussels' special. What a joke! First serving of mussels arrived after about 30 minutes and contained 14 - count 'em 14 - mussels ... hardly enough for a decent appetizer plate. To top it off, there was no sauce or broth whatsoever ... yes, they were served high and dry, and no bread to soak up the broth even if there had been some. About 10 minutes later, more of the same were served. All in all, 40 minutes to be served a very poor appetizer is not what you call performance. It was all I could eat for all the wrong reasons. A complaint to the manager was met with a stony "thanks for your comments" response. One of my worst dining experiences anywhere, anytime.

Reviewed August 4, 2009

What can I say? The food was terrible. Over priced and just bad. Ordered the Wedge of Iceberg with Blue Cheese dressing, it was mayo over iceberg with dried up bacon bits and pecans. The Caesar was all croutons and hardly and lettuce. The entrees, lobster dinner and lobster tail dinner were cold. The guest having the lobster tail dinner was sick an hour later. Never again!

2  Thank happyone_101_9
Reviewed June 3, 2009

My wife and I ate at Walker's Fish Market on a Tuesday evening for our anniversary. We had a great meal. Luckily for me, on Tuesday they have all-you-can-eat mussels for only $7.95. Because I still wanted to try something else I had the mussels as an appetizer (with a couple more bowls after my main meal). They were OK, but a lot of them were hard to open up and seemed a bit undercooked. But for the price I can't complain. My main was halibut over rice with asian veggies with a hoison sauce. Thought there was a bit too much sauce on the bottom which was a bit salty but overall it was great. My wife had the rainbow trout with was also very good, but we agreed we've cooked rainbow trout at home on the BBQ (cedar plank) which came out just as good. Her brie appetizer was great. Didn't have coffee or desert.

The restaurant was packed but service was still great with no real problems at all. The bar area looked neat and was busy. They have some good happy hour food prices too. Overall we would definately come back. I want to say the place is a high-end red lobster but that doesn't do it justice.

Reviewed April 26, 2009

Service was slow,mussles non descript, the crab cakes excellent,huge wait time between apps.and main.The red snapper was ok.However the grilled or should I say microwaved salmon was Brutal we would have sent it back if the waiter ever came back to see how our meal was.They took the salmon off the bill.We spent 2 hrs there for a meal that could have or should have taken 1 hr. On the positive side the bar area looked to be large and very busy if you were stopping for apps and cocktails

Reviewed March 18, 2009

What a great new restaurant!

After many eateries coming and going in this location, looks like one that 'fits' has finally found its place!

Completely redone, inside and out, this restaurant is incredible! Beautiful decor, excellent staff and amazing food! Try the Lobster Mac & Cheese!!

Highly recommended to those who love seafood - there aren't many quality places outside of Red Lobster to eat this kind of fare. But you'll be surprised with the prices here as they are very fair for the amount of food you get - much more value than the 'traditonal' seafood joints.

Would recommend Walkers Fish Market to anyone!