“Food was good. Service charge left a bad taste in my mouth.”
Review of Saga Sushi - CLOSED

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This was my third time at Saga sushi and possibly last. The location is good, ample parking, the decore is nice and simple. The food overall I'd say is fair. I've had better sushi but this is still much better than grocery store fresh sushi. The all you can eat is a bonus but more of a scam. The trick is to order everything ONCE when you have her attention if not, you won't get all you can eat and will need to flag her down. This also leads into the fact that they don't regularly check up on patrons at all. The service is very minimal and the area that needs most work.

The shocker was the 10% service fee that was NOT disclosed. I assumed it was a tip and left it as that. Normally I would go back if I ever were to crave sushi even with the poor service but the 10% service fee tagged is an automatic no repeat business for me. I may go back in a year on Trip Advisor and see if it is still the same situation. If I find out they remove the 10% fee I will return.

Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

This was not an overly enjoyable eating experience. We went in the middle of the week, so the restaurant wasn't busy. But we still had terrible service. There were two servers and maybe 5 tables, but you still had to wave the person down if you needed anything, including the bill. This was after trying to get any eye contact from them at all. The food, although plenty, didn't have great deal of taste. The sushi pizza was terrible. We couldn't even take a second bite of it. The first thing we said when we left the restaurant was, we should have passed on that one!!

1  Thank Amber L
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The decor is contemporary. Nice atmosphere. The service is prompt and the food comes out quick. BUT......you may be disappointed with the quality of the food. From the stir fry to the sushi. Quite un-appetising if you've been to more than a few Japanese restaurants. We wont be back.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Sushi is on of my favourite foods. I can eat it by the barrel full. Saga has a very good selection of sushi and sashimi as well as stir fried dishes.
I would not consider eating at Saga as fine dining, but it is a very nice place to sit around with friends while casually eating and drinking. It is my expectation to return every couple of months, and enjoy myself.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

The food was 'meh' at best. The service was terrible. The two guys making the sushi were unprofessional and making jokes about patrons, constantly laughing. Items ordered were missing ingredients (such as an avocado roll without any avocado).
It's cheap, and they do automatically add a 10% service charge. They tried charging for a dinner menu even though we were eating a lunch (I don't know if there was a difference).
I personally would not come back, every other sushi restaurant i've tried in Hamilton and surrounding area has been much better.