“Romantic atmosphere”

Cafe Troy
Ranked #1 of 284 Restaurants in Brantford
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Local cuisine, casual fine dining
Reviewed October 14, 2015

Great seasonal food items. Cozy seating, romantic with fireplace, stained glass window. Place settings are from the pottery next door. Love eating from the beautiful dishes that can be purchased.

Reviewed October 13, 2015

On a regular basis I look to Tripadvisor when looking for a new place to take my guests. I came across the review, “POTTERS CAFE: Stale bread, dried corned beef, no apology”. I really believe this lady did not visit Café Troy in Troy Ontario. On more then a regular basis, I take special guests including restaurateurs from the greater Niagara Region to Café Troy. To this day these guests still thank me for their incredible experience at Café Troy. They all agree this restaurant deserves to be a 5 star restaurant. The staff, the menu selection, the atmosphere is all 5 star. The staff is more then helpful. I often hear that this place is more then a restaurant it’s a destination. They always update the menu with interesting and local foods.

While living in Montreal I worked for Montreal Calendar Magazine. My position included reviewing restaurants in the Greater Montreal area. I can tell you Cafe Troy would have the same comments from their regular customers...Cafe Troy is more than a great restaurant .".it's a great destination." I truly think this lady has been totally unfair, and her review should be deleted from Tripadvisor.

It sounds to me that she is looking for a complimentary meal!

Phyllis Bendig, Hamilton

Reviewed September 28, 2015 via mobile

Enjoyed one of the best lunches I've ever had! The restaurant is pretty with stain glass windows and my lunch was outstanding! Have the chicken phyllo I promise you will not be disappointed! Then make sure you venture next store to see Donnelly Zvers pottery... I bought a beautiful hurricane lamp! Looking forward to going back again soon!

Reviewed September 23, 2015 via mobile

Came across this charming cafe by chance and were most impressed by its elegance( beautifully decorated) and excellent service. This charming cafe is attached to an award winning pottery and does it justice. The food is locally sourced and many of the vegetables and herbs are grown on the property. Needless to say it fresh and delicious.

Reviewed September 18, 2015

We came on our anniversary for lunch. First off the pottery is beautiful and there is so much variety. My husband had the peppercorn penne. He says it was phenomenal. I had the chicken phyllo meal. It was fabulous. The service was awesome. Truly a wonderful experience.