“Forget it”

McGonagalls Pub
Ranked #145 of 269 Restaurants in Brantford
Cuisines: International
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Give this place a skip! The place is filthy with sticky floors, beer puddles on the tables and awful service. At least they keep it dark enough that you don't see all of the mess and the bar flies glaring at any new customers.

4  Thank Bolte59

Reviewed August 1, 2012

if you're british this is the pub for you, the owner looks and sounds like billy connelly a well known scottish comic. he was so gracious and funny and treated us like we had been going for years, even though it was out first time, good food too. but the friendliness and the atmosphere made this a great night out

1  Thank cattracer
Reviewed June 24, 2012

A few of us went to see our friends band play and have a couple of drinks. We only ordered 2 drinks each and were told that we can't have a table unless we are ordering drinks. Apparently we weren't drinking enough. We left and have refused to go back

2  Thank Kim W
Reviewed June 15, 2012

This pub is absolutely on my "must avoid" list for future trips to Brantford - absolutely disgusting inside, dirty washrooms, and is basically a hangout for those who spend the day drinking watching soccer and darts on TV (and avoid showering and doing laundry).

Claims to be a "Scottish Pub" but must get it's influence from the pub in the movie "Trainspotting" which had the "Dirtiest Toilet In Scotland". The washrooms were revolting, floors covered with the nastiest imaginable objects that could be found in a washroom.

I don't live in Brantford, but would suggest the Health Department in that city look into this place.

4  Thank NFTravller1
Reviewed March 3, 2012

I agree with the others here this is a good place for a pint of Guinness or Alexander Keith's. I don’t what it is like at night but during the day it is relatively quiet or at least it has been when I have been there.

My wife gets her nails done next door and so I have some time to sit and enjoy a great beer. Cheers.