“Typical Red Lobster”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Your average Red Lobster restaurant, nothing special. If you expect really good seafood then go to a good seafood restaurant or buy it and cook it at home, using the best seafood you can buy.

1  Thank jmcan
There are newer reviews for Red Lobster

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I've had better food from a vending machine. Clearly the portions come from microwaved bags that are made in some factory. Even Air Canada serves better tasting fare than this.

1  Thank ken m
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Even though I love seafood, it had been awhile since we had been to Red Lobster. We thought we'd take advantage of a half price entree coupon I had for Lobsterfest.

We waited a short time for a table, probably because we had 5 people. Service was good and everything was timed well. Red Lobster are good at keep wait times to a minimum and turning tables as fast as possible. No quarrels with that.

The food had not changed since our previous visits. To be fair, this is seafood for the masses and I know it will be overcooked and swimming in butter or oil. It was. For what you get, the prices are higher than they should be, so that's why we were going back, when we could take advantage of a coupon.

The coupon I had was very specific that it was for half price on one entree when you order two entrees from the special Lobsterfest menu. We made sure we only looked at the Lobsterfest menu and ordered from it.

I was shocked when the nice waitress presented the bill and said my coupon was not valid because the item I ordered was not a Lobsterfest special item. I asked for the manager and the menu and that item was clearly one of the three highlighted and pictured on the special menu. Then she pointed out to me the small print print the menu that said only 'some' of the items were Lobsterfest specials and others weren't. After a short discussion, the manager used her discretion and allowed the coupon. It was not any fault with that particular location, this is a problem with head office and the ad campaign. Clearly designed to bring people in with a coupon, then frustrate them that it's invalid. The advertising backfired. I won't return.

Overpriced, overcooked. If you think Red Lobster has great food, you have never had fresh seafood from a good restaurant.

1  Thank TravelDougA
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We have been pleased with our experiences at the Red Lobster in past visits and continued with a more recent visit this month. To celebrate a birthday we visited for a taste of seafood. Our server Sharon was very attentive and friendly. I usually order the admiral's dinner but decided to try the talapia which is poached in a interesting bag of sorts along with vegetables and rice. My mate decided on the shrimp and we were pleased with our entrees and also quite full after having our fill of salad, chowder, cheese buns and key lime pie.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

For Brantford, it's an ok seafood place. Good menu, great scones and fantastic chowders. All good. So is their Atlantic lobsters. It's always full so a good sign!