“Just Fine” 3 of 5 bubbles

Al Dente Pizza Pasta Grill
Ranked #10 of 262 Restaurants in Brantford
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Grill, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Burlington, Canada
“Just Fine”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Our food was just fine & our server was friendly. Perhaps next time were in Brantford we'll be back. The outdoor area looks like it would be nice in the summer. Too bad it overlooks a busy main road.

• Visited April 2013

Brantford, Canada
“great food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We've eaten here many times and have always had great food and great service. While they are best known for their pasta you should really try their steaks. Wine and beer selection is amazing and their recommendations are always perfect.

My wife is not a big eater and they have always been more than willing to provide a smaller lunch serving at dinner.

• Visited April 2013
Paris, Ontario, Canada
“Italian Food!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

I was there once and had a spaghetti and meat balls serve with a very bitter sauce. It was awful, Weird how you get one bad meal and you never go back. That's me!

1 Thank 19Danyk19
caho1992, Manager at Al Dente Pizza Pasta Grill, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
I really enjoy our tomato sauce. We start with onions, carrots and garlic sautéed with olive oil and red wine. Add California Tomatoes a small amount of tomato pasta and season with basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Simmer for hours in our steam kettle and finish with fresh basil.
I bought the steam kettle a few years ago specifically for the tomato sauce it allows you to simmer sauces for a long time without burning a occasional problem in the past.
Our spaghetti is made fresh in house from 100% semolina flour and we hand make our meatballs. Sometimes its worth a second chance.:)
Ray
Paris, Ontario
“Old Favorite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

A return visit after 1 year, This a great place with varied wine selections. I would compliment the waiter for his order taking, as he took the order from each of 6 in the party and collected the menues, he memorized each order and never made a mistake! the meal comes with an order of sour dough loaf and a great dipping sauce. I had the meditereaning chicken with slivers of sauted peppers and moist chicken all dished in a large bowl with penne paste, my wife had the baked ziti which was in a red sauce hot and tasty. I also choose to try a glass of the Chilean red Cab/Sav (fonterra?) which was also very good compliment to my meal. All in $50 bucks and no room for desert.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Truckster442
caho1992, Owner at Al Dente Pizza Pasta Grill, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thanks for the great comments the baked ziti is one of my favorites. I hope on the next visit you will leave room for dessert. I can recommend the coconut cream pie cheesecake or my newest Chocolate cheesecake topped with chocolate cake topped with chocolate cream pie topped with whipped cream. Can you tell I am the dessert maker
Ray
kitchener
“Great Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

We have had lunch at Al Dente many times and supper just a few times, the service has always been great. We had the black bean soup this time and it was delicious. The wait staff suggested the lunch special which was chicken with penne noodles and mushrooms in a tomato/basil sauce. The special that arrived at our table looked the colour of kraft dinner and did not taste at all like a tomato sauce. There were a few mushrooms in my bowl but almost no chicken and the penne noodles were stuck together like they had been cooked yesterday. My companion's was no better although he did comment that he had way more chicken in his bowl than I did. It was most disappointing as this restaurant used to pride itself on home made noodles, sauces, desserts, etc. We sat in the bar area because it was cold in the main restaurant area, it was a mistake. There were two staff with their papers, computers, cell phones and personal items spread out over most of the beautiful bar. Clearly they were not anticipating having any customers actually sit at the bar even though it was just shortly after 12 noon when we arrived.
We have decided that we will search for a different Italian restaurant the next time we decide to have pasta.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ruby t
caho1992, Owner at Al Dente Pizza Pasta Grill, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Hi Ruby
I am sorry to here your visit was not up to par. Especially since I was part of that experience. My daughter and I were at the bar with our stuff spread all over the bar.She has been teaching me the value of Facebook ,Twitter and email marketing we do tend to work over the lunch hour.So that we are available to help the servers if needed.This is a time I value highly with my daughter but I will definetly condense down our presence in the future.The smoked tomato cream sauce that was on the special is one of my favorites and my daughter and i shared it for lunch and enjoyed that and the soup as well. Obviously we had some execution problems with the quality of your lunch and I have spoken to the cook regarding consistent perparation.I hope you decide to try us again Ray