“Imaginative and excellent”

Ranked #9 of 269 Restaurants in Brantford
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 11, 2014

A wonderfully different menu unlike any I've seen previously. Food was excellent and the service superb. You have to try it to believe it !

1  Thank waki

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Nice and clean set up but a little tight in the seating area and would be too small to host a group function here. My wife and I had to park across the road at funeral home because there is only room for maybe 5 cars in the lot. Service was great and very friendly. Food quality matched the pricing but we both could have used more on my plate. Was expecting a little more out of a new format, yet the experience struck me as standard. I hope this place works out for the team and wish them the best. They will have a fighting chance if they heed the advice of reviews.

1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed February 4, 2014

This is exactly what we've been looking for in Brantford! It was a pleasure to meet Grant, Scott, Kasia and Sarah tonight. Congratulations on creating an ideal environment... Beautiful ambiance, an atmosphere that encourages conviviality among patrons (no TV thankfully), delicious food (the tartare was excellent, as were the mussels), great wine selections, an inventive bar, and hospitality that made us feel welcome right from the start. Perfect formula for creating regular patrons. Can't wait to bring our friends. Cheers.

2  Thank Frank Z
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We came as a group of friends and found that the ambience was very welcoming, with an impeccable service. They have a nice selection of local wines that I haven't seen at the LCBO. Everyone agreed that the food was very good. From mussels to tendorloin, halibut, and scallops, the chef did a great job. Leave room for the banana cream pie, it is to die for! So why the average score you will ask? Well the problem is that there is wayyyyyyy too much room for the desert. I am not a big eater by any means but after a three course meal, I was quite hungry by the time I got home, and after spending on averge $100 per person, I cannot shake the feeling that the ratio value vs. price is on the negative side. If this restaurant wants to survive a year in Brantford, the owner must add a little more value or drop their prices.

6  Thank Patrick H
Reviewed January 24, 2014

This little gem of a restaurant is the best food on the Brantford restaurant scene. I come to Brantford every few months for several days and eat all of my meals out and wish I'd found this sooner because I would have frequented this place more often. I started my experience with a Dark & Stormy cocktail and it was absolutely perfect. Excellent flavor with the ginger syrup and really enjoyed that. HAD to try the bacon, chicken skin & maple syrup appetizer, just because who does that? It was very good and something you should try once in your life, maybe more than once if you're under 60 and not watching your cholesterol that closely. Bacon was not fatty though, I will add. Oysters? OK, sign me up for a half dozen and that came with freshly grated horseradish, lemon, and something else and were extremely fresh and loved them. Had the grilled scallops and I wish every place in the world that ever grilled a scallop would come here and see how they do it, because I love scallops, and these were the best grilled scallops I have ever had. Didn't do any sides with my entree. Had room for dessert so tried the banana cream pie that came in a jar. Don't expect a slab of pie, because that's not what this is. What I liked about it was that it was light and not overly sweet. Its kind of hard to describe this pie-like dessert. Wouldn't really be what you'd want if you were thinking, lets go out and find a piece of pie and have some coffee or tea with it. BUT the banana cream pie they've created at this place was indeed a perfect ending to my meal.
The overall ambiance of the space was relaxing and lovely. As far as service, the young lady providing service was very welcoming, friendly, and attentive. She is a gem.
So Brantford, please patronize this place and keep it buzzing with your dining out dollars because next time I'm back in town it would be the first place I want to return to. I don't know the owners, but they obviously having a lot of training and knowledge about great food and drink.

3  Thank Food4thought2014