“Breakfast Special”

Q BBQ Eatery
Ancaster, Canada
“Breakfast Special”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Great Breakfast! Good value and the food is great. The homefries are real potatoes and you cant beat the price. Excellent service too.

• Visited December 2013
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Brantford, Ontario, Canada
“breakfast”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We believe it's the best price in brantford for breakfast.Quality,and quanity,are great.Very clean,atmosphere is great.Even the little things like little muffins to start your meal.Nice touch goes along way!!!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Brantford, Canada
“Hmm, we were looking forward to our meal so it was a real disappointment”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

My husband and myself finally tried this restaurant which has been open in Brantford for a few months now, is smelled really good when we walked in but it was downhill from there. Stella is my beer of choice, nope sold out. The waitress was nice enough to give my husband a taste of one of the ales they had on tap. He ordered the 2 meats dinner; ribs and pulled pork with coleslaw, fried and cornbread on the side, I ordered 1/2 rack of their ribs, fries, coleslaw and cornbread. I tried a piece of his pulled pork it was actually good, coleslaw was ok, cornbread I think was from last week, stale and cold, yuk. My husbands ribs were good, I tried one of his because mine were so tough, after two ribs they had been smoked so long that the meat was just well like jerky. They waitress ordered me a new 1/2 slab but by the time I got it I was full on what we are still debating were either mediocre fries or were from frozen, the second rack were so tough I could barely chew them, my husband tried one and he agreed, didn't even bother finishing them. Sorry new restaurant but standards better pick up, word in Brantford spreads quickly and there are so many restaurants to chose from. We were so looking forward to good BBQ, what a shame.

“Yummy Lunch”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

My husband and I went for lunch. He had the chicken club and I had the 1/2 chicken. I brought home more than half of my chicken and my ceasar salad. The ceasar salad was made with real bacon and real bread crumbs... A little heavy on the parmesan (which was the only thing not real)but it was good. My husband said his coleslaw was the only down side of his meal it tasted like lettuce in coleslaw dressing. The service was awesome. And we are definitely going back. We are going to try breakfast next weekend.

Brantford, Canada
“going downhill too soon”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

When this establishment 1st opened we dined & there & had a good experience so we took home a take-out menu, since we order take-out more than we eat out. The 1st time we ordered take-out the food was amazing. We ordered the pulled chicken sandwich. The bun was so soft & fresh it melted in your mouth & the chicken was moist, tender & had the right amount of sauce on it. Last night we had a craving for the same thing. We got stale buns & dried out chicken with hardly any sauce. The fries were cold, soggy and we guessed since it was the end of the night we got old fries - not fresh. Our bill was $42, which I feel is worth 3 meals that are properly prepared & fresh. But when you have to throw out the fries & bun, and pick at the cold meat, there is no value for what we paid. Our son had the $13.99 chicken fingers with fries & a salad. All he ate was the fingers, the fries were gross, like ours, and the caesar salad had hard bread instead of seasoned croutons & only enough dressing for 1/2 the salad. We were very disappointed, especially since Q had been off to such a great start. I feel like we got ripped off.

3 Thank Lisa P
QBBQPublicHouse, Owner at Q BBQ Eatery, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
We apologize that your recent visit to Q BBQ Eatery did not meet your expectations. I would like to take this opportunity to discuss your concern as I personally took care of this order last night. We encourage all of our customers who are ordering take-out to wait for their food in the restaurant, if they can to ensure that they get their food at its best. We have a seating area specifically for our take-out customers.

If customers can not wait but wish to come back, we encourage them to make sure that the food is picked up before it has a chance to sit for 20 min or longer as what occurred in this case. Unfortunately, this order was picked up after 30 min. Unfortunately, within this time frame of over 20 minutes, it is difficult for a restaurant to guarantee the quality of the food even with their best efforts to keep it as good as 'just made'. For example, the warmer can make the meat dry or bun more toasted after 30 min. Cold food may not be as cold and hot food may not be as hot. In the future, there is also the option of using our delivery service which ensures that the food gets out to our customers right after it is made. If you have any other questions or concerns we would be more than happy to be contacted so that we can address them for you. We also hope that we were able to reassure you and address your concerns with this response and that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.