“Good Food Comfortable Seating”

Symposium Cafe Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #22 of 269 Restaurants in Brantford
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Dine at this Symposium Cafe Brantford Ontario restaurant located directly in the Comfort Inn Hotel on busy King George Road, directly on Highway 403. This Symposium Cafe Restaurant location is conveniently located near Highway 403 and minutes from Cineplex Odeon Theatres.This Brantford Ontario location seats 145 indoors and over 70 seats in a scenic stunning patio, a private 60 seat bar lounge and a 25 seat private room. We specialize in Large Group settings and accommodate last minute dining functions fairly easily Hope to see you soon at this Brantford Ontario Symposium Cafe restaurant. • Beautiful Restaurant Decor • Scenic Patio Dining • Fully Licensed Bar Lounge • Private Dining Room • Located directly at Highway 403 • Located directly in the Comfort Inn Complex • Open Early Mornings 7 Days per week • Open Late Nights - Dining Available until Close • 7-Days of Promotions • Award Winning Concept Restaurant
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This was our second time to Symposium, both for lunch. As previous we were not disappointed in the food . I has the chicken Caesar wrap and cream of broccoli soup...my husband the steak wrap. Although both good the steak was the best. Service was attentive and the various choices of seating a definately draw. We are from out of town and returned as we have found the atmosphere pleasant and the food ample and good value. We would return.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This restaurant is relatively new to Brantford. Quite a change. Decor is European tropical. Bar area with comfortable chairs and tables is a nice change from a dining table. It allows you to sit back and relax and not rush. My third time and food was as good as the first. Try their homemade soup - excellent with a little bite to it. Prices are reasonable and competitive with other restaurants. Meal delivery was getting a little long, the manager came a long asking if everything OK, we mentioned our thoughts and in a couple of minutes we were served. We were very pleased.

1  Thank SandandSouthSeas
Reviewed October 10, 2012

First time at symposium for the three of us. Upon arrival, promptly seated and informed of daily specials, as well as drink order taken. Even though the appetizers were on special at 33 percent off, they still were pricey. We tried the spinach dip with pita bread and i must say it was one of the best i've had. Our ceasar salads were great, and the huge bowl of broccoli & cheese soup was good. Meals came as ordered and were good, but could have been hotter, and the thai chicken wrap would have been better with more thai sauce. The ambience and decor of the restaurant were superb and we enjoyed the background music playing at low volume allowing us to carry on conversation. We definitely will return again, maybe for lunch next time, to see how the lunch menu compares to the dinner menu. Overall, a good dining experience.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Lovely decor. There were six of us that met for brunch on Sunday, September 12, 2012 - coming from London, Brantford, Hamilton, Grimsby & Burlington. Two of us ordered breakfast which was cold - all of it, eggs toast & hashbrowns. I sent mine back. The manager returned with a hot plate of food & apologized. Ok, it can happen. The other meals, all different, were so-so. We all had separate bills. Two had cash & needed change. The waitress returned with our change & then disappeared. We were both short changed - approximatey .50 cents each. Its not a lot but its the principal of returning what is owed!! The waitress did not get a tip from me. Not a horrible place but not a "great I loved it" kinda place either.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I'm 54 years old and I eat out a lot. It's probably safe to say that I've eaten in hundreds of restaurants in my lifetime. The Brantford Symposium Cafe now has the dubious honour of being the eatery with the worst service I've ever experienced in my entire life.

Where to begin? Our drink order: Two of us ordered the very same kind of beer. When it arrived, it was two different colours and in two completely different glasses. We shrugged and soldiered on.

When our entrees arrived, our waitress told us (without apology) that our appetizer had been given to another table. She then plunked our plates down and left. We were left for over half an hour with NO cutlery and no napkins, despite requesting them THREE times! Our cutlery finally arrived AFTER we'd all finished eating (yes, with our fingers!).

A man whom I surmised was a manager visited our table and asked how we'd enjoyed our meal. He was not interested in hearing the bad news I had to impart. He put his head down and shuffled away. Amazing!

The final straw, if one was needed, was when my friend was paying with a portable hand-held credit machine. The server stood looking over her shoulder, and said (get this), "No tip?" I nearly ruptured myself laughing.

1  Thank the_boot_lady