“In Need Of Maintenance/No Internet”

Brantford Hotel & Suites
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Brantford
Ontario, Canada
“In Need Of Maintenance/No Internet”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

When I first arrived at Quality Inn in Brantford, the room I was assigned reeked of smoke, although it was a non-smoking room. I went and complained at the front desk, and the staff was very apologetic and helpful and showed me to a new room that didn't smell like smoke.

The staff was nice, however the pleasantries of my stay ended there. The rooms were dilapidated at best - there was mold on the walls, and the balcony did not seem safe (the doors did not seem to be able to lock properly and I was on the first floor). I have been in worse hotels; however some upkeep is definitely in order - such as new grout in the bathroom, and general cleanliness. It is my understanding that my coworker in another room had her ceiling rotted away with mold, which is incredibly bad for health reasons, even if staying overnight.

There was also a problem with the internet for the duration of our one-night stay. My coworkers had experienced the same internet shortage as me (it would show full bars but would not connect), and called the front desk about it (twice). Each time the front desk attendant said "this is the first time I've heard about this" (blatantly lying) and would "restart the router" (which you can generally see being turned off on the computer - this was not the case). This was probably an ongoing problem that was not going to be fixed anytime soon.

The neighborhood was also a bit seedy and I would be caught walking around after dark. I also pointed out the lack of/broken security cameras, which the front desk attendant laughed off. The doors also did not close shut all the way; if someone did not slam their door shut their doors would be left open all night.

We were staying on a work trip and left the next day; early from our intended 3-week stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Charlie B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Sechelt, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

I was intending to stay at this hotel for 3 weeks as I was going to be in the area for work. One night was all I could take and quickly relocated to a different hotel. The internet didn't work and the staff were not surprised when I called to ask about it, so my best guess is that it is an on going problem. The furniture is old and dated, the bathroom vanity was all chewed up and moldy from a drippy facet which I noticed after opening the doors. The bathroom is small and without a fan so the ceiling was sagging and I felt like it was going to fall on me. The shower curtain was black with mold at the bottom and when I pulled it across a pile of black hairs fell out. The bathtub liner was cracked and discolored, all the grout was dirty and stained and the chaulking was so dirty it was disgusting. My bath mat was torn and ripped on two sides it looked more like a rag. There were also gross stains on the wallpaper. If all that wasn't bad enough my room had ants. This hotel needs some serious TLC and a proper cleaning.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not in the basement
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank 400Nikki

Travelers are raving about these Brantford hotels

Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Best thing about hotel is kid at front desk. Everything is either vaguely dirty, doors and baseboards, or somewhat broken . Pool area smells moldy . Machines in fitness broken or unplugged . Internet poor outside of main areas . Tired and sad. Do not eat here. Two meals with two fails. Quesadillas without salsa? Beer taps empty? Given chances to correct and lots of apologies but no result . Avoid . Where are the Quality Inn inspectors ?

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank YvonneLynnK
brantford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

My new beautiful wife and I had our dream wedding here on August 2nd 2014 it was our dream wedding we had 100 people.

The wedding: IT WAS MY BRIDES DREAM COME TRUE.

VENUE: WAS well organized,

Food: was an amazing full course meal.

Service: the owners did such an amazing job with having the right amount of staff to handle 100 people. The front desk helped everyone with their rooms, serving the food and getting anything extra even things like bringing water without asking them. The service was promptly and just all around amazing.

Cleanliness: rooms were so clean, the bathrooms were spotless. it is way better than some other hotels in the area.

Open bar: they had prepared very well and had stock to supply the amount of guests we had and I believe could do it even if it was double the size.

Everything was unbelievable. It was our dream wedding.

Thank you so much quality Inn.

If anyone ever asked us to recommend a great wedding package I would send everyone who asked me.

• Stayed August 2014
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Cleanness:
My room was on the ground floor with a glass-door connecting to the parking lot. I didn't really check the room until there was a spider crawling onto the newspaper I was reading. Then I noticed there were tons of spiders and spider webs around the lamps, headboards and TV stand. There were dead bug bodies on the carpet. Later I saw cockroaches in the washroom floor and flys and bugs flying around. The tables were covered in dust. The sheets and towels had stains. I really wonder if they ever cleaned the room before I checked in. As I strolled in the hotel, it was smelly and shabby. The carpet on the staircase and hallway were not tidy at all. This is the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in Canada.
Services:
I requested a microwave along with my reservation. However, there was no microwave in my room after I checked in at 3:00pm. I called the front desk right away and the guy said he would let me know soon. Later, I saw two employees carrying microwaves moving around. But they didn't give me one. I waited until 6:00pm for nothing. I did call 2 more times in between to remind the front desk guy who wasn't helpful at all. He didn't feel sorry and said there was nothing he could do.
The next day I went to him to fix my room key, twice. I travel a lot and know how the key works. I put the key in a separate pocket but for some reason I could access the hotel building but not my room. He was very impatient saying I made him reprogram the key twice. The customer service in this hotel is really unfriendly and unhelpful.
Breakfast:
They served very basic breakfast including bread, fruits and drinks. On the last day of my stay, we came to the breakfast at 7:00. There was no milk or cereal. There was no bread but lots of bagels. The lady simply told us they ran out of food. My boy didn't eat anything.

Wifi:
It was really bad quality. It was on and off and hard to use. I couldn't use the internet most of the time during my stay there.

Something you should know:
It was shocking news to me as my friend who also stayed in the ground level got a "break-in". They lost a laptop, play book and two bags with personal stuff. My friend called the police himself. All the surveillance cameras didn't work, in and out of the hotel. The owner didn't do anything but move them to the 2nd floor.

Conclusion:
I stayed to the last day as I pre-paid for four nights already. One of my friends left after the second day and moved to another hotel. I usually ask for a late check out on the last day as my son has swimming competition that night. This time I couldn't wait to leave as early as possible and never come back again.

Room Tip: If you really have to stay there, ask for the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank MaxineChen
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

My room got break in during my stay, lab top and tablet are stolen. After file a report to the police than I find out there are NO surveillance camera are working in the hotel. The hotel are too dirty and dusty, the police can't get the finger print. The owner told me that he took over this place only 3 month, is the camera take this long to being fix. Ask for who is the last person who get into my room for the key card reader, he say the housekeeper is the last person who go in to my room and she is a nice lady, this do not help me at all. The second day my room are NOT being clean, I have to go down to the lobby 3 time to ask them just take away my garbage in the room. If I can find another hotel available at that time I will definitely leave right away. Its do not deserve a star.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank TRAVELandEATS2014
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Arrived late on a Thursday evening for a 3 night stay. Room was extremely dirty and badly maintained. Floor was not vacuumed, accumulated dirt along every wall. Carpet was badly stained in many places. Bathroom was a disaster - bathtub was filthy and had mould all around the grout, toilet needed cleaned, toilet was so close to vanity had to sit at an angle, mirror frame broken and hanging off, wall heater covered in dirt, mirror on bathroom door very dirty. Found what looked like mouse droppings on desk behind coffee machine. Sheet had holes and bedspread was stained. Bedside table had only been wiped in front of lamp, phone and alarm clock, at the back, under these items there was a puddle of some fluid in which live larva were wiggling. The ground floor room had a sliding glass door to the parking lot, the handle had been attached in such a way that it sat at an angle and overlapped the door frame - this was the only security on the door. The room had paint chipped and wallpaper pealing off. When I complained about all of the above I was offered an "upgraded" room. This was exactly the same type of room as the one I had, but was somewhat cleaner. However, there was still some cleanliness issues and the microwave oven that in the first room had been on top of the fridge, in this one was sitting on the floor. Overall the whole hotel is very badly maintained. Front desk staff report that new owners took over a month ago and are working on upgrades. However, in the past month a lot more could have been done to address most of the cleanliness issues. If there had been anywhere else with space available I would have left!

Room Tip: I'm not sure there is a good room in this facility!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank CSML47
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brantford
Comfort Inn
The Barracks Inn
The Barracks Inn
#1 of 2 in Ancaster
BEST WESTERN PREMIER C Hotel By Carmen's

Been to Brantford Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!