“Indian food at it's best”
Review of Sip 'N' Dine Indian Cuisine - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sip 'N' Dine Indian Cuisine
Cuisines: Indian
Ontario
“Indian food at it's best”
Reviewed January 27, 2012

The New Bombay (formally Sip 'N' Dine) is a wonderful restaurant and one that we visit on a regular bases. The staff is very friendly and accommodating Nick the waiter is always good to have a laugh with. The food is wonderful and when someone tells me they have never had Indian food I always recommend they go there because we have never had a meal that we were disappointed with. Whenever we have taken friends with us that were new to Indian food they have left hooked. They do not have a buffet but offer platters if you want more than one dish to try and having food that is made fresh when you order it rather than sitting in a buffet tray is well worth the wait. I have been to many Indian restaurants and this is by far one of the best if not the best

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank OntarioTuiGirl

Ottawa, Canada
“Best Restaurant in Brantford, No Contest!”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

New Bombay (previously known as Sip N Dine) is far and away the best food in Brantford. Don't let the unattractive sign and dark dining room fool you, you cannot beat their dishes. It's always quiet in there and I thought it was just me who loved it, but after bringing numerous friends and family members, it is a unanimous consensus, New Bombay can't be beat. I've turned friends who were afraid of Indian food into regular customers. I even turned a friend of my who moved from India 5 years ago into a regular!

Their vindaloo is the best I've had in my entire life, and I have eaten Indian food all over Canada. Not meaning to sound too over-enthusiastic, but if I was able to pick my 'last meal' before I die, their vindaloo would be it.

This is the best Indian food money can buy outside of the GTA. They have a wide array of dishes, with specialties from Rajasthan, Goa but have most regular Indian dishes. Amongst my favourites are the Rogan Josh, Butter Chicken, Labadar, "Curry" (Great chicken, but the fish one is also fantastic), Saag, Kormas (without the fruit), and Bhuna. But I have eaten almost everything on the menu and have never once had a bad meal, or even a mediocre one. I rarely eat the naan or any other appetizers, so you'll have to try them for yourselves, but you HAVE to try their curry dishes.

Nicklas (the main maitre dee) is very warm and incredibly friendly. He is from Goa and loves to chat. He is one of the friendliest people you'll ever meet. However, if you don't like the dining area, they do take out, and it's equally as awesome.

• Visited August 2011