Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Brantford, Ontario
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Brantford
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Great stay! Hotel was modern and clean. Staff was friendly. Beds were amazing. Free Breakfast selection/quality was great in a nice relaxing part of the lobby. Location is fine if you are driving through but if you are visiting brantford, the hotel is on the outskirts.

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank nalbr027

Reviewed August 20, 2010

We stayed here for one night and were totally satified. The room was lovely and very CLEAN. Office staff were very friendly.
Missed breakfast but went for coffee and the attendant was so friendly and helpful.
We will definately return.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nancy_kenyon
Reviewed August 19, 2010

Check-in was awful as we were told that we could check in at 1:00pm and we got into the room at 3:20 and had a wedding to be at by 4:00. The room was not fully cleaned and there were no towels. After complaining to hotel staff, we were told that "maids called in sick". The next day, we complained again. The answer was basically "too bad". Currently, I am in "discussions" with the manager, Mr. Tejwant, who has told me also "too bad" because they do not actually honour their 100% Satisfaction Guarantee because it would be "money out of his pocket". He did offer me $5 at first though because I got into the room 20 minutes after the 3pm check-in. Many other people staying there this day also had major check-in problems so I would not recommend this hotel at all if you actually have a life and plan to be somewhere. He also said I should have left and gone somewhere else. So at 3:25 when I needed to get ready and be at a wedding for 4pm, I should have tried to find another hotel to check into? If you enjoy poor customer service, please stay at this hotel. Otherwise, steer clear.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
16  Thank Mod15
Reviewed July 30, 2010

Friendly staff, quick check-in & check-in, decent breakfast with friendly service. Clean impeccable rooms, no noise, silent airco, very good beds, proper flatscreen TV, free wireless, etc...
I needed an extra night and they were so kind to apply the same online booking rate at the desk.
Located towards the outskirts of Brantford, so a very quiet location.
My preferred hotel in Brantford as from now on, well worth the extra dollar over say a Best Western if you need a good revitalising sleep.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2010

I reserved on Hampton's website in mid-May for end-of-June stay. Google had 2 discount coupons for the hotel – one for a free bottle of wine per stay, and one for a 15% discount off any suite. I phoned the hotel by phone about the coupons and they told me both were valid. On check the clerk said their policy was to honor one coupon only per stay, not both. I told them none of the booking information stated this, nor did any of the confirmation material I received. I said I'd checked by phone and was told both were valid. The clerk couldn't help more, so I asked for the duty manger who told me he would only honor one coupon. I told him nothing on the web or booking confirmation said this, and that I'd also confirmed by phone with the hotel. He refused to honor both coupons. I told him if so that I wanted my booking copy noted accordingly, and that he sign it and print his name. He looked at my paperwork and told me there was no particular place to make such a note. He clearly had no intention of providing a written record of his denial. At that point I got pretty upset and told him I'd never had seen such a fuss made over a $10 bottle of wine. He went into the back office and re-appeared with a wine bottle and said “OK, here’s your wine!” After my long day's drive I was uncertain at that point if I wanted to accept it, but while I was deliberating he continued talking and said rudely “Well, do you want it or not?” I took the wine, said thank you, gathered our party and went to our booked suite. I logically assumed he had – in the end - begrudgingly decided to honor both my discount coupons.

I was wrong. On the morning of departure I received a bill under my room door for which I took down to the front desk to settle. I asked if I had received a 15% discount and was told I had not. I explained the disagreement I’d encountered at check-in two days earlier. The lady, who was very pleasant, adjusted my bill for a 15% discount which I paid.

As an older and very experienced traveler I was upset about four things. First, if the hotel is only going to honor one of two or more discount coupons per stay they should make it crystal clear to prospective customers – it should be printed on the coupon for heaven’s sake! (NOTE - they changed the online coupons since my visit so they now state this). Second I disliked the the rude manner displayed by the duty manager at check-in whose words, body language and tone of voice were aggressive and intimidating. Third, the encounter gave a sour taste to my end-of-day and left me in a bad mood when I’d been anticipating a great stay at a great hotel at a great price – while sipping a complimentary glass of wine with my family. Four, and most critically, I left the front desk at check-in with the logical impression both coupons were going to be honored only to find two days later at check-out that the duty manager had cunningly used my acceptance of the free wine as reason to then not honor the 15% suite discount. That smacks of dishonesty and isn’t something I would expect from any hotelier, let alone Hilton/Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 25, 2010

I'm on my last night here of four nights and I have to say it is probably the nicest Hampton Inn I've stayed in. Hampton Inns are not always very consistent. The King room was very spacious and obviously new. It had a very nice flat-screen TV with 'aboot' 40 channels. The checkin process was easy and staff were very friendly and accomodated my room change to a lower floor. They very thoroughly assisted with directions and recommendations for eats.

The temperature control worked very nicely and the room was mostly quiet, probably due to not too many people staying here right now. The room doors are very loud when they shut. So, hopefully you don't have frequent smokers staying next to you or people going in and out of their rooms. This is a non-smoking hotel which is probably very nice for non-smokers. It also helps me not smoke as much while idling sitting in a hotel room. I was in a room right next to the elevator, but did not hear it my entire stay. I also kept the fan on for the thermostat the entire time while in the room for 'white' noise. The wireless internet worked great save for several times where it would just kick off and have no connectivity for a while. However, just disconnect from the network and reconnect and it worked fine again.

There were plenty of towels in the 'washroom' or restroom and it was very clean with the , I guess, granite counters. The shower was a walk-in and has been one of the few shower heads that was way above my head rather than at my neck level. I'm 6'2.

My main complaints, were that they did not have HBO Canada or TSN2, the channel that carries the Toronto Raptors games. Toronto is so close, I would think they would have that available, but I guess Canadians don't care too much about basketball. Any restaurant is at least 3 miles/5km down the freeway.So, I had to drive into town and watch it at Kelsey's restaurant. Next, there was no refrigerator or microwave in the room. For $160 a night, I expected to have those items. That is one of the inconsistencies with Hampton Inns. One of the previous reviews stated they had a fridge, but that must only be in the suites. Another inconsistency was most Hampton Inns will give you two complimentary bottles of waters if you are on the hhonors rewards program.

The on-the-go breakfast is very handy for late sleepers like myself. A bottle of water, an apple, muffin, mints, and a Kellog's breakfast bar. I did not try the buffet, gym, or pool, but they looked very nice. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a stellar Hampton Inn experience.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 13, 2010

As a regular traveler, this was one of the finest stays I have had in quite some time.

The desk staff was professional, pleasant, and sincerely welcoming. The room, the halls, the lounging area, the elevators, and all other public areas were spotless, fresh and inviting. They reflected a true pride in delivering a perfect lodging experience. All of the support staff that I encountered were happy and lifted my spirits during my stay. To experience all of this along with a very competitive lodging price would place this Hampton Inn establishment along side of much costlier Luxury and Boutique Hotels on my list of regular visits. Truly worth a little extra drive if not your exact final destination.

Kudos to this establishment for taking their customers needs serious! I will return again.
- the YguY

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brantford
Comfort Inn
Downtown Hamilton
Sheraton Hamilton Hotel
Sheraton Hamilton Hotel
#4 of 20 in Hamilton

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Brantford, Ontario? Share your experiences!