“Wing night was a great night!”
Review of Jakes Boathouse

Jakes Boathouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Jakes Boathouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 722 Restaurants in Brampton
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rutherford & Steeles
Description: A Brampton landmark since 1979. Famous for good food (Fall-Off-The-Bone Ribs, Hand crafted burgers, fresh fish, great wings and other appetizers), and neighbourhood style service. Mature bar crowd on weekends enjoys the best live music in the GTA.
“Wing night was a great night!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Food portions were large and fairly priced. I hate complaining, but the portions were almost too large! Service was spot on. My wife was not fussy for the pub-style food, but we were in a pub. Going in with those expectations, mine were met.
Wings were a good size and portion. Scallop appetizer was very good. Salmon main course was excellent, with side of mashed and vegetables. Nol room for dessert!

Visited July 2013
53oldskool, Owner at Jakes Boathouse, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thank you for your positive and supportive review of Jake's.
No matter how long we've been around, it is important, for an independent and somewhat "off the beaten path" place like ours, to earn praise like this and we appreciate it very much.

Glad to hear you enjoyed our "Pub Grub" however please consider that our menu features great corn-fed steaks, fresh fish and our famous fall-off-the-bone ribs as well.
We hope to see you again!
Cheers!

The "Big Fish"

Kent
“What a place to eat & drink !!!!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Fantasic atmosphere at this bar/restaurant, Mike Cuttle the owner & his staff are very welcoming & the food is first class, I had the BBQ meal consisting of half rack of ribs, grilled chicken breast, pulled pork, choice of potato & coleslaw...it tasted superb, especially the pulled pork which mike told me was cooked with root beer !! great selection of beers, has live music on selected nights & a must place to visit !!

• Visited July 2013
53oldskool, Owner at Jakes Boathouse, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for your kind review of our place. (I believe I recall your visit based on your picture and your kind words).
My staff all commented what a pleasure you and your party were to serve that evening.
I believe you were on your way to the airport to return to England?
Whatever pub has your business "back 'ome" is lucky to have you and I hope we have the pleasure of seeing you again.
Cheers!

Proprietor
Toronto, Ontario
“Great place”
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Had a party of like 20 people here... Excellent good, good service and great entertainment... One of the better spots in Brampton...

• Visited November 2012
Mississauga, Canada
“Excellent ribs at the restaurant and at Rotary Rib and Roll”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Took my 18 year old granddaughter there in early May. She had a pasta and I had a full rack of ribs. We shared an order of bacon wrapped scallops.
Everything was excellent. The scallops are particularly good. I took home a doggy bag of ribs.
I had them again at the Rotary Rib & Roll at Gage Park last weekend. Again they were the quality that I\i have come to expect from Jake's. I was one of the lucky ones that got scallops before they ran out. Word of mouth around the park said get Jake's scallops so a sign went up sometime on Sunday that they were all gone.
Service in the restaurant was pleasant and quick. It was a quiet Wednesday night so the wait staff had time to chat.
The words reliable and consistent come to mind but since that sounds a little boring I will add tasty to the list. And Stella on tap which is a plus for me.

• Visited May 2013
Brampton, Canada
“BEST RIBS IN TOWN!!!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Best ribs in town!!! LOVE THEM!!! they are honestly so amazing I crave them! Rib fest is coming up this weekend May 24-26 at Gage Park and I cannot Wait!!!

Visited May 2013
53oldskool, Owner at Jakes Boathouse, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thanks for the kind review.
Yes, we are proud of our ribs and, as I write this reply, we are busy preparing for the Brampton Rib 'N Roll at Gage Park (May 24-26).
Forecast looks clear and cool. Great live music line-up. It is a great event that features local restaurants....not the "travelling circus" ribbers you see everywhere else. By the way...those guys serve SIDE ribs. We serve "Baby Backs".

Anyways, thanks to the writer for their nice words and support.

Proprietor