“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Osso Bucco - CLOSED

Osso Bucco
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main St N & Vodden St
Toronto, Canada
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

We came here for my birthday on a Saturday night and the place was packed. We are a group of 5 and 4 entrees out of five were very good. The seafood soup, lobster linguine, seafood pasta were very good. the veal parmigiana was ok but the lasagna was awful. Service was just ok.
We will return to try other items though. They deserve another chance.

• Visited January 2014

Toronto
“Hmmm”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

We've eaten here a few times now and I find it interesting. It's always busy and you could be turned away without a reservation. We find the food is just OK...nothing spectular from our perspetive. We've tried different things and are never wowed. The service is fairly quick and friendly.

• Visited December 2013
Brampton, Canada
“You must give this place a try!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

My boyfriend and I went to Osso Bucco last night for his birthday. I was jusssssst slightly reluctant, simply based on what the restaurant looks like from outside. Just wanted the food to be right for my man's special day, you know?
Lesson learned: do NOT judge a book by its cover!

I made reservations - whoever answered was very pleasant.

Service when we got there - great!! Our server, especially, was very gracious, polite, brought our food to us promptly, and made great recommendations.

Food - WOW! Simply delicious!

Appetizer: grilled calamari. Cooked just right... Not rubbery/chewy and the tomato sauce was delicious.

Main courses:
-Osso bucco (veal shank) with a side of creamy risotto... Omg the shank! So tender, juicy, delicious. You have to try this. You just have to!!! You must!!!!!!
-Stuffed chicken with side of pasta. My boyfriend loved it, and he's right. It was amazing. I was just so busy swooning over my Osso bucco.

Coffee and Dessert:
-Cappuccino and Vito's coffee. Divine. The latter comes in a hugeeee mug and is quite boozy. Both were delicious and presented beautifully. I could have done without the really wet paper towel underneath my cappuccino, but I was so happy that it didn't bother me.
-Tiramisu... Mmm the tiramisu! Deconstructed presentation, which looked nice. And they didn't cut corners by substituting something else for the mascarpone. It was delicious. I could eat some more right now.

Value - worth every penny.
The most important thing is that the food is delicious. Second, portions are hugeeeeeeeeeeeee. I'm not complaining. The emphasis on huge is laced with my wide-eyed wonder.

I feel very lucky that I've found such a gem close to home. I will definitely go here again. Can't wait to see what everything else tastes like!!!!! We already know what we're trying next!

• Visited January 2014
Brampton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have been there many times, food is always hot and good, the servers are very friendly and fast, I have been to other resturaunts such as Desert Plus in woodbridge and the owner is very rude and service is very slow, this is my number 1 Italian resturaunt in Brampton !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited December 2013
Brampton
“To bad the re located”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

This was an amazing restaurant, but the out grew there previous location which we went to frequently and the food was amazing!! We have been to the new location now 4 times, each with a very disappointment of what could have been. Great we know that they were great. I hope that they will be able to return to there old dishes.

• Visited October 2013