“Great Midnight Snack”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown Brampton
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have travelled all over the World and ate in some amazing restaurants. I have always been a food junkie and my late night snacking exploits are legandary among my group of close friends. There is no better place I can think of to go for a burger and fries after midnight anywhere in the World. My initial visit was when I lived in Brampton in 1994. I visited often and became somewhat of a regular. I moved away in 1996 only to return to live in Toronto in 2007. When I walked in after 11 years away, John looked at me and recited the exact order which was my standard years before. THAT IS SERVICE!

1  Thank H P
There are newer reviews for Sonny's Drive In

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Yes it used to be better.... its still the best burger in the area open at 3pm on Saturday... I think they close at 4pm on friday saturday.
The only thing I dont like is that they dont have seats inside... only wooden park table/benches outside... but the burgers are so good that even in the winter people sit outside to eat... I just eat in the car like most people.

** make sure that if you get the satay onions.. GET THEM TO WARM IT ON THE GRILL!! its gross cold but DELISH after the grill

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is like a landmark in Brampton and has been around for years and years. They used to have the best burgers and fries in town, but not anymore. On our last visit the fries were greasy and left an unpleasant film in your mouth, and the burger was 70% bun 30% meat. They are a take out only place with a couple of picnic tables out front and are open late, so they are popular with the bar crowd. I guess after a few beers anything tastes good, but I will not be back. The food sure isn't what it used to be.

1  Thank kim n
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The first night we went, the server seemed annoyed to have us there (he had stretchers in his ears). The poutine was good, the chicken fingers tasted fishy (literally). We went a second time and the service was much friendlier.

1  Thank Kristyn417
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Sonny's has been around since I have lived in Brampton which is 28 years...It is definitely a landmark and everyone should go there at least once for the burger and fries.

1  Thank Judy1948