“Very dissapointing” 1 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very dissapointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Me and my wife went out to our local brampton red lobster sunday evening Feb 17 2013. the place was very busy but we got a seat after 20 min wait. I ordered calamari rings and cheesy sticks for a starter. Both very greasy, the sauce did not match the food at all. For the main corse I had the supreme dinner with crab legs, lobster tail, fried shrimp and butter shrimp. Lobster legs arrived cold with barely any meat inside of them. Lobster tail was ok but nothing special. Fried shrimp was over cooked and very greasy. Butter shrimp was pretty good. My wife had a haddock and chips meal. Came with another dissapointing salad as well as a side of coleslaw that tasted of a dollar store quality. Breeding on the fish was very saggy, almost undercooked. Made her a bit sick after we got home. I must say that was the first time we had a bad fish and chips ever. As for the atmosphere everywhere we looked there was customers with long faces ( I think I know why ). A lady to the left of us had to have her plate exchanged because she found something in her meal that resembled a finger nail. I saw it as she showed it to her waitress ( poor girl ). The service was very friendly and our waitress took good care of us. The total bill came to 82 dollars plus tip ( that including two glasses of wine ). Must say that is a hefty bill for a sub coffe truck food quality restaurant . We will never return to any red lobster restaurant as we know many other restaurants where we can have a good meal no matter what we order. Thanks for reading.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bart02151983

Vernon, Canada
“Very Pleasantly Surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I had not been back to this restaurant in several years but friends said that it had improved so I decided to try it again. It definitely has improved.Tthe food was delicious and not at all greasy. There was also lots of choice and a variety of new combination plates.The service was quick, friendly and attentive. Even the manager stopped by our table to ensure that we were completely satisfied. I will be putting this back on my list of favorite restaurants in the Brampton area.

• Visited January 2013
Toronto, Canada
“very small portions and ugly food on your plate - I would not come back”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

I am not a com[plainer but I am sad to say that this Red Lobster location was well below my expectations.

I had the smallest surf and turf and the lobster tail on my plate was the smallest one I have ever seen, and the way that the food was arranged on the platter waas not too appetizing.

I wanted to ask my waitress to replace it but decided not to make a scene since this was a family gathering.

I would not come back to this location because their kitchen staff is serving substand food and is certainly lacking in food presentation skills.

The biggest question is - does the managenment know that kitchen is substituting food that is supposed to be served to clients with below grade food

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Herbert K
Caledon, Canada
“Great seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is our favourite seafood restaurant in the Brampton/Mississauga area. Both locations have a great staff and the food is always wonderful. This past visit, however, we were very disappointed that they had discontinued serving Alaskan King Crab, one of our very favourite entrees. We were told that it was very expensive to catch and that patrons were reluctant to pay the high price for that meal. We enjoyed the Canadian sweet crab but it takes twice as long to get to the meat.

Owen Sound, Canada
“Great Food, Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

An overall great experience. We did have to wait for a table, about 20 minutes. We arrived at 5:15PM on a Saturday night. By the time we were seated the wait was over half hour.

The wait staff were great, the food was great, the atmosphere was warm and comfy.