“Poor”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Poor”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Food was two hours late.
Reference to using seasonal food on their website resulted in peppers being served in November.
Group of 100 was served by what was ordered, everyone who ordered steak was served first which resulted in 3 people at our table finishing their meal before the rest of the table was served.
White wine was served at room temperature.
Food was average.
Wouldn't go back and would never recommend them for a large group booking. No idea what good service is.

Mississauga, Canada
“Good food, waiter snippy, arrogant and unprofessional”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

5:50 pm on a dreary Tuesday night. Only two other guests upon entering the seating area. Hostess promptly seats me down and walks away while I wait for two pals to arrive. I sit, I sit and wait. Waiter passes by several times, doesn't offer bread, a glass of water, perhaps a menu to review? Finally, after many minutes the hostess returns with an offer of a drink. I order an overpriced bottle of water at $6.25....I sit..... I wait.... and wait.... for the water, perhaps they are getting from the Swiss Alps.

Pals arrive and when the snarky waiter finally appears he seems upset that I am now starving and would like some bread. Really? Two pals asks about the wine selection, again, he seems snippy that we would not know what kind of wine they serve.

Enough about the waiter. Can you tell we didn't care for him. The menu, while sparse was inviting. The food arrived fresh, hot and tasty. Me and my pal had the manicotti in tomato sauce and ate every single bite. My other pal had the daily special which she enjoyed too.

By time 8:30 pm arrived, several other guests had arrived. I had enough of this place.

• Visited November 2012
Brampton, Canada
“Never Fails to Disappoint”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

When Rapini's initially opened my husband and I went for dinner. The ambience of the place is lovely. We expected the same from the meal. When I alerted the waiter to the moldy croutons in my caesar salad, he told me no one else had complained and the problem wasn't remedied. I swore off of Rapini's, until a group of lady friends recently decided to meet for dinner and they were keen to go to Rapini's. I figured the place must have improved. I arrived on a Tuesday night for a 6 pm reservation. There were two men in th entire dining section and no hostess to be found. People in the bar and kitchen looked at me and carried on. Five minutes passed and I finally went outside again to wait for my friends. The person who made the reservation said she had to leave a message and call back twice to see if they made it. One of the ladies, with moxy, said she'd get service and boldly marched into the kitchen asking where our reserved seating was. He spoke to him spoke to her and a hostess finally appeared. Turns out she was the waitress too. We ordered the house white; she said she thought it was Pinot Grigio. Then she returned and said she probably didn't have 4 glasses of it, so did we want Vino Verde or Chardonay? When she brought the appetizers, (and the entrees for that matter) she couldn't recall who ordered what. I was looking forward to the spinach salad with blue cheese and walnuts. The spinach in the middle was slimy and bad. The pile of it on the side plate didn't bring one comment or offer to strike it from the bill. My friend ordered a New York steak, medium. The steak was well, well done. One of the group wanted a "doggie bag"; the waitress brought a large plastic coleslaw container and asked if that would do. I won't be going back. I prefer the food and the service at McDonald's over Rapini's.

4 Thank twofortheroad_10
Brampton, Canada
“great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Attended a party at the restaurant on Sunday October 13th and had a wonderful time. All three rooms were booked with parties and the restaurant was full as well. The food was fantastic and just love listening to the Italian music. The staff were so friendly and were certainly there to please. I think it is a good thing when you have to wait in between meal courses. It gives you a chance to digest each course. Who wants to be rushed in and out of a restaurant like most of them do. At rapini's you can sit and enjoy your meal and take your time. No one is going to rush you out the door.

I heard they are going to be starting a Salsa night starting October 18th........now that should be lots of fun

Brampton, Ontario
“Good food and atmosphere”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We went for dinner on a Tuesday night so it was not busy. We found the food to be good but a bit expensive.