“Fish was not cooked properly” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian, British
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Neighborhood: Downtown Brampton
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
“Fish was not cooked properly”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was very much disappointed with the fish and chips. order I placed . The fish seems to be not cooked properly as it tastes raw and slimy. expalined to the waiter. She went to checked with the chef and their comments were that the fish is cooked. Even the batter colour was not that brown. We used to go often to this locationfor lunch. The waiter was very pleasent. Seems like the owner don't care about the satisfaction of the customers. This may be my last visit.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank krishanbella

“Best Fish in Brampton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is the best traditional fish and chip shop in Brampton. The service is always wonderful and the lunch special is a great value.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Malt O
Caledon, Canada
“Cobbler Lunch Special”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

I ordered this special only as I was told "Cobbler is a white fish similar to Bassa. When I peeled the batter back, the fish looked uncooked and raw in some places.
I showed one of the worker's who took it to the kitchen. He returned and said it was just how the Cobbler looked. I took one more look and don't care what anyone says, it was not cooked. When I told the waitress she just presented the bill and said it was a wet fish???? I hardly ate any fish, some fries and quarter of my drink, but no offer to comp. the meal. I paid and will never eat there again. I do NOT recommend this restaurant based on this experience and hope nobody is exposed to this.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Ed C
“Tasty!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

I love the halibut and chips here!! The fish is very good, the fries are great. Gravy is tasty. The battered mushrooms are made with fresh mushrooms and are delicious!!

Visited September 2012
2 Thank kim n
Brampton, Canada
“THE BEST IN BRAMPTON BY FAR!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

Henry's Fish & Chips is made with fresh fish. It is by far the best fish & chip resturant in Brampton. I go there weekly to satisfy my cravings. They have all kinds of Fish and will give you a very light batter when requested (cutting a lot of calories). There Fries are home made. Just like getting from a chip truck. You must (if you love Fish & Chips) give Henry's a try. You will be very pleased that you did.

3 Thank sharon n