“Great food”

Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Brampton
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We don't go too often but when we do it is always a treat. Great Greek food and atmosphere. Staff can be a little more attentive, but still do a good job at making your dining fun. I always find the food consistent and enjoyable with a good price to match. I have noticed that it may not be on the regular foodie routine for most anymore as it tends to be very quiet, even on a Saturday, but it is still worth the trip.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

The Symposion has been a Brampton institution for DECADES, and this old lady is definitely showing her age these days. Yes, you might visit on a weeknight and find you're the only customer(s) there ... or you might visit on a weekend and find it quite a bit busier. I have LOVED the moussaka here for years and years, and continue to return time after time for that alone. (It's served with potatoes, rice and veggies -- and I can never finish all of that. And I'm no "dainty eater".) The servers are all very friendly, and always have big smiles for the customers.

Showing it's age, and the food business is a tough one ..... but I've never been disappointed in all the years I've been visiting The Sympsion, and will definitely keep returning.

1  Thank RedstoneGirl
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Good, but not extraordinary, food. Nice atmosphere. We had the platter for two, which came with lamb, quail, pork, and vegetables. Various meats were very good. The veggies looked and tasted like frozen grocery store style. It would have made all the difference if they were freshly prepared. I would try the souvlaki the next time, if I go again.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I have been to this restaurant on numerous occasions due to the good quality food and fair value. However, after our last visit, we will not be returning. The complimentary pita bread was served warm in a basket, but was accompanied by cafeteria style whipped butter in single serving packages. It was a sign that the restaurant was cutting down costs and it created uncertainty about the quality of our entrees. My boyfriend ordered the beef souvlaki, medium-rare. The portion size was significantly smaller than what we were used to seeing. The one beef shishkabob was rather thin and cooked medium well. The plate was two thirds full, with a handful of rice, a couple of pieces of potato, and what seemed like frozen mixed vegetables. I ordered the chef's specialty tender beef. The beef itself tasted good, but it was served with diced peppers, onions, and mushrooms which were all undercooked. There were even tomato slices in the dish that didn't seem to belong. We complained to the server who was apologetic and said he would relay the comments to the kitchen staff. We were not compensated in any way for our disappointment. We will not be returning to this restaurant.

1  Thank CulinaryTravellerSD
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife and I decided to try some good Greek food for lunch. We called in the order and the person who answered the phone and took the order was very pleasant and courteous. We ordered beef and chicken souvlaki and a side order or spanakopita. When I went to pick up the food, the restaurant did not look anything like what it shows online. There was 3 people in the restaurant and they were people who works there, considering it was in the afternoon. However, picked up the food and we tried the spanakopita first, it was extremely salty. Did not taste any of cheese and also seemed like it was warmed up in the microwave. The salad was ok could use some more dressing. The veggies and rice was extremely salty including the beef. Chicken was ok when you eat it with the Taziki sauce. The portions were very small for the price. Not a good first experience.

1  Thank Roshan A