“great jambalaya”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2012

the jambalaya was great. It was nice and spicy. Our waitress was friendly and the service was quick. She made suggestion for food and desserts. The jambalaya was price roughly at the same price as I have paid at other restaurants. We will be going back again.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

My friends and I went out for dinner on a Friday night to the Trinity Common location. We had quite a long wait for a table but once seated we were greeted by our waiter. He wasn't that friendly seemed impatient while taking our orders and didn't really want to answer any questions that my friend had. It took ages for the food to come and when it did we were all so hungry. The food was okay nothing special. The cheese capelleti I ordered was luke warm and the pasta was overcooked. Perhaps our waiter was having a bad night so we will try and dine here again and hope for something better.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

This place is okay, the servers were not busy so we got served very fast. We visited the location in Trinity Common. The food is just okay, nothing to go out of your way to get. The red pepper soup is very different, not in a good different way for my taste. The price you have to pay for this is way too high for what little you get. Save your time and money and go to Montana's or East Side Mario's instead.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I went to this location about 4 times using a wagjag Voucher before they expired as well as to try different dishes while I visited.

On all occasions, service was ok (on average). food portions were small and overpriced and not the greatest.
I had orderd the Fish and chips and the fish was a bit too over soaked/cooked and the fries were comparable to Harvey's fries where they are soaked and too thick to enjoy.
On another occasion I had ordered the Chicken strips bites and wow....I got more coleslaw then chicken bites. Just either they skimp on the small things or just don't know that if you want to be a family restaurant, then have proper portions or focus on being a bar where no one cares what they eat as long as they have a great environment.
The bar area is nice but a bit noisy. (but service was lacking)
In the dining area, very quiet but lack of service....just seemed that the waitress/waiter's either were short-staffed or busy chatting and talking in the back. (or a mix of the two).
I forgot to mention....on all occassions, I had finished my glass of water and never once, yes, I mean never once was it re-filled automatically.....I had to ask on one occasion to have another glass of water. It was like...wow...it's like the service staff don't know the basics or simple things as per take care of the customer.

Overall, next time, I'd prefer to go to East Side Mario's across the street if I didn't have a coupon. Just at least I know I'll get value for food and better service.

Reviewed February 7, 2011

I decided to write this review as I noticed that this location had an ad on Wagjag, and claims to be under new ownership. I can only hope that this is a recent change and hope that the owners improve on the service. I have gone to this location on 3 occassions with different people who were all not impressed. This last visit in December was awful. The young lady (Sunday lunch time) greeted us at the door after we waited there for approx 4min and then took us to our seat. It was not long till I realized that now only was she greeting customers she was also serving. The restaurant had several people waiting for meals. The only reason my friend and I decided to give it a chance again was because we received at work a discount card for 2011. However, again we decided to leave only having purchased a cup of tea each. I made a comment in the Wagjag section only to receive two rude comments who were most likely employees of this company. I made a comment that going to Zellers would have been better than this at the mall....I have to say service at Zellers is much better than I have ever received at this restaurant. I will never be back no matter who owns this place.