“Sad, Worn & Dirty”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brampton
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Brampton
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I'm not sure where the other travellers stayed that wrote great reviews about this hotel! I have never written a review before, but I feel that people need to be warned about this place. I'm not a fussy person, all I want is a clean hotel, comfortable bed and a hot shower. I didn't experience any of these things at this hotel. I'm a member of the rewards club, so you would think that I would at least get booked into a clean room, but that was not the case. The front lobby was being renovated, so I'm not referring to this area in the following comments, just the rest of the hotel. The rugs were dirty, tiles were broken and missing, walls were dirty, wallpaper was ripped, the elevator was out of service, etc... I think you get the picture. The pillows were worn out, the sheets were paper thin (could actually see threw them), the blanket for the sofa bed had so many holes in it, that it looked like swiss cheese! The sofa bed was uncomfortable, you actually sank into it and I'm a small person! We had to get up early in the morning, therefore we had showers at night and there was NO HOT WATER!! I needed help using the printer in the business center and asked for help at the front desk and didn't get any assistance at all. If you book this hotel do not expect it to be like other Holiday Inns, this is the worst one I have ever stayed at. In fact I have had a nicer stay at small mom and pop motels.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
2  Thank Sad23
hiebrampton, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brampton, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay and if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our staff. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance in the future to make your stay the best as it can be.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brampton

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I booked 15 rooms for a wedding close by, rooms were great, comfortable bed and lots of space. front staff was excellent with making sure all rooms went to the right family. Would recommend this hotel.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a great spot to stay when in this area of the city. Felt very welcome upon entering. Front desk staff apologized for the renovations but I didn't really notice anything amiss.
Lovely clean room and a fabulous breakfast in the morning, complete with newspaper. Very relaxing. I had a brief (one night) but wonderful stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Acadia80
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Stayed here overnight for a wedding close by, room was fabulous, comfortable bed and lots of space. Breakfast was good too but seating in breakfast area is a bit limited but we ventually got a seat so no worries there. Would recomment this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms have the same view I think and area is quiet so I don't think there is any particular...
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My family and I spent 3 nights in this hotel for a wedding close by. We were extremely satisfied by this great hotel. Everything was great. There are so many amenities this hotel offers, all at a very low price. It has a complimentary breakfast, free parking, free high-speed internet, and a lot of other things!
First of all, it's in a great location. It's only a 30 minute drive to Toronto, which isn't that bad. There's barely any tall buildings around, and it's a very nice and quiet place. But the best part is the view, hands-down. You can see almost everything from the top floor! In fact, you can see the CN Tower in Toronto right from your window. We happened to stay there during Canada Day, so we even got to see the fireworks in Toronto. The fireworks weren't that big, but if you get some binoculars, it'll be like being right in front of the fireworks (without sound). There's a Walmart nearby, and many other stores. Also, the Bramalea City Centre, a big
The rooms in the hotel are some of the cleanest I've seen. They're very neat and tidy, and you can't even find a speck of dust. I've seen the people cleaning the rooms, and they do their job very well. They have more than enough lighting with multiple big lamps. The bathroom is very nice and clean, also. There are lots of towels to use, all clean and dry. The bathroom has many useful things, like lotion and a hair dryer. Everything was perfect when we went.
The breakfast this hotel offers is the best. It has a wide selection of different foods. All of them are delicious and are very satisfying. One great thing is the quick easy pancake-making machine. All you have to do is press a button, and in less than a minute, Voila! 2 pancakes!
The staff is so nice, it's almost like they're acting. They're willing to help you in any way. We forgot something, so we called down and they gave it to us for free. They do a great job of handling visitors. They also do the cleaning job very well, as I mentioned before.
Overall, I don't have anything to say about this hotel that is bad. Everything is great, and I would totally go there again and again!

Room Tip: Try getting a room on the top floor for a great view!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Came here to attend a wedding close by in Brampton. Was highly impressed with the clean rooms and bathrooms. Breakfast was great. Front desk people were courteous and willing to help that one step further.

Room Tip: well I stayed in room 408 I think.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I spent 4 nights at this Holiday Inn for a business trip and I really liked it. Staff is courteous, rooms are nice and very clean and there is an exercise room and indoor pool. I found complimentary breakfast to be above industry standards but the area of the lobby where they serve it is small and tends to fill up quickly on busier mornings. There is no dining room in this hotel but there are many restaurants (from fast food to steakhouse) within a 5 km radius. Overall, this hotel is a good choice. I would not hesitate to go again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business