“Nice place...”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brampton
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Brampton
Reviewed December 23, 2011

We stayed on Holiday Inn Express for 1 night in December 2011. My son had a volleyball tournament close by, so after checking on others reviews of hotels in Brampton, we decided on this hotel. It was very easy to find, and close to many restaurants. The hotel was nice and clean inside, and check in was very quick. I had called the day ahead to have a rollaway bed be put in our room, and this was not done until after we had checked in - a little disappointing. The pool area was nice, very dimly lit though.

Overall it was a nice place to stay, and I would recommend it.

Room Tip: One thing I would advice anyone thinking of this hotel, ask for a room with an odd number, as the ev...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank the4ofusOntario
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brampton

Reviewed December 14, 2011

The hotel is in a buisness area and located conviently to highways and other area of Toronto. The hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly. I found the room to be accomdiating and clean. My only complaint was the matress (the bed) as it was a matress which gave the 5 star review a knock, down to a 4. The matress cheapened the room. Otherewise it was a great stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank macunitny2000
Reviewed December 5, 2011

This was a 1 1/2 Week Business stay.
A typical HI Exp. 10 minutes from Toronto Airport, which is just far enough away where planes don’t rumble through the room every few minutes, and close enough to make a flight without rushing. Very clean, comfortable beds, and clean carpets. Standard size work desk for, with convenient outlets.
Older style TV, but large screen and crisp picture. 71 cable channels. The Microwave, and fridge came in handy since there is a Super Wal-Mart across the street. It was nice to do food shopping and have dinner in my room each night. A lot of money was saved by not having to eat in Restaurants every night.
Free Internet is somewhat slow, but sufficient.
The staff was friendly and helpful. Snacks and soft drinks are sold in the Lobby for convenience, but you’re better off going to the Wal-Mart, price wise. The Hotel has a Guest Laundry.
Good heat, and a very quiet unit. I stayed on the Highway side of the hotel, and occasional traffic sounds went away around 8:00pm.
The free breakfast is the standard HI Exp breakfast, which I always enjoy. I was slightly disappointed that Breakfast didn’t start until 6:30am. Since I start work at 7:00am, breakfast was a bit rushed every morning.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank JimDavisHouston
Reviewed November 5, 2011

I stayed here overnight just to avoid a crazy drive across Toronto to catch a 10:00am flight. Free parking was great and the hotel is an easy 10 minute straight shot to Pearson. If you need a place to rest up and avoid the traffic on the 401 getting to or from Pearson this is a great place. It's far enough away from the airport to have better prices and it's close enough that you can leave yourself a limited amount of time to get back to the airport. My room was exactly what you expect from Holiday Inn Express. They almost feel like home to me. The staff was great. The little breakfast in the morning is adequate if you are just headed to the airport. Free wifi is nice too.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank PegLeg-and-SherBear
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel twice now over the last year. The rate is always good and the hotel is conviently located our business interests. It's easy to get to from the airport, there's plenty of parking, and there are a few decent restaurants choices around. The breakfast is typical of a HIE and has plenty of healthy options (fruit, yogurt, oatmeal). The hotel is clean and neat and the bed is comfortable. It's not a W bed, but I'm a pretty spoiled Starwood guy and I thought it was fine.

The staff are friendly and the rooms a decent size. The fitness center isnt much, but with the money you save on the rate you can go up the road to LA Fitness and get a $15 day pass.

Overall, I'd definitely recommend this hotel for business or stopover purposes. Brampton isnt really a vacation spot so I don't think it makes a great vacation option. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: If possible the rooms on the back side face away from the road. There can be a lot of trucks on tha...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank aevegan
Reviewed October 28, 2011

We booked this hotel for a Weekend Shopping Getaway. What attracted us to the hotel was the very reasonable price for the upgraded room and the Holiday Inn Express expected standard. It is located just off of Airport Road and Queen Street in Brampton, skirting the line between light industrial and retail shopping. We booked a King Jacuzzi Fireplace Suite. The room was clean, quiet, well laid out and everything was working, including the TV, Fireplace and Jacuzzi. The room is also equipped with a small kitchenette, microwave and fridge and coffee maker. The bed was a little lumpy to our liking but we survived. The room served its purpose well and was what we expected for a good nights rest. I had very little time to scout out the breakfast as it ends a little early for a Sunday morning, but there was a typical selection of scrambled eggs, sausages, trademark cino-buns and assorted breads and cereals. The hotel is close to a variety of restaurants and retail stores. We would stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: If the price is right, grab a King Jacuzzi Fireplace Suite for a romantic stay.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LondonTrapper
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Stayed at the Holiday Inn this past week. Booked a King Jacuzzi Suite through the Holiday Inn website and had no problems at all. Check-in was fine. Room was clean and spacious. Loved the little kitchen area and the Jacuzzi tub. Breakfast (which was free) was great. Nice variety of food, and even though we came down at the very end there was still plenty of food left. Would be nice if breakfast lasted a bit later since 9:30 though, as it seems a little early when you're on vacation and want to sleep in. Hotel was in a good location - close to airport (but not close enough that we were bothered by the air traffic noise), and to numerous restaurants and shops. Best thing about it: no bed bugs! My only complaint is that the bed was a little lumpy. It wasn't the worst I've slept on, but it was definitely not what I would call comfortable. Didn't check out the fitness room or pool so can't comment on them. If not for the bed, I would have given our stay a 5.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple