“This place was horrible!!!”

Courtyard Toronto Brampton
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Brampton
Virginia
“This place was horrible!!!”
Reviewed November 19, 2007

This was most definitely the worst hotel experience I have ever had. Since I travel quite a bit for work and pleasure, I most definitely know my hotels.

We got to the hotel on November 17th, 2007 and went to our room. Here is a chain of events that occurred:
1. When we got into the room I saw that the $4 Evian water bottle was half empty. (Someone had already drank from it and it had not been replaced.) I called the front desk and let them know so that they would not only replace it with a fresh bottle but so that they were aware that it was not a good idea to give guests water bottles that someone had already drank out of. (Gross!)
2. The hotel gave us an adjoining room and the people next door were really noisy. So I called the front desk again and asked for another room. They gave us a room 10 rooms down, once we picked up all our stuff and moved to the new room, we found that the hotel rooms next to us were wide open, people were gathering in each others rooms, ten guests in each room, hanging out, chatting, talking. Me and my friend got really annoyed and decided that although our room was noisy, this room would've been far worse.
3. We got back to our rooms that night after 12am. It was soo noisy on our floor. People were coming in out of rooms, banging doors, laughing, talking loudly. It was unbearable noise. We put up with the noise for about 2 hours, after which we just couldn't take it anymore. At about 2am I called the front desk and complained about the noise. They said they would send someone upstairs and ask the guests to keep the noise down. I don't know if they sent anyone or not, but the noise continued. Guests were going from room to room, banging doors, hanging out in hallways, talking, laughing, screaming. The people next door were so rude and obnoxious, when I walked over to their room to ask them to keep it down, they told me "Call the front desk!". I told them that I did, but they didn't care. They continued with their noise. I called the front desk again, but to no avail. We didn't end up getting to sleep till 4am!!! I had the biggest headache and was so exhausted.

When I went to the front desk the next morning to check out, I told the young lady at the front desk that my stay was the worst experience I had ever had in my life. She then told me that there was a lot of noise because they were having a big party. I told her that if they knew there were guests from a party staying on a certain floor, then they should not have put us on the same floor. She didn't care, she didn't even bother to apologize. She then said to me that since I booked my stay through Expedia there was nothing she could do about it. And that was the end of that conversation. I then asked for her Manager's card and planned on sending him an email.

Do not stay in this hotel! It's soo not worth it. It gives Marriott a bad name!!

• Disliked — Lack of interest in its guests, NOISE level was horrible.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank mbakhsh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Canuk
Reviewed November 2, 2007

We were invited to a wedding held here and it was suggested that staying at this location would be convenient for us.
What a wonderful hotel and conference center!
We were told the hotel was about 2 years old and it was impeccably clean and welcoming. The staff was client friendly and couldn't have been more welcoming.
The wedding reception was terrific and for a guest list of 200+ it was efficiently carried out by the hotel staff.
Would stay here again anytime.

• Liked — Close to an event we were attending
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Munich, Germany
Reviewed October 10, 2007

The hotel is a good value for money. Nice rooms, good service, free daily newspaper and free WLAN; nothing to complain at all. There is a big Cineplex opposite the hotel and some restaurants are around. But you definately need a car.

• Liked — nice rooms cosy beds
  • Disliked — no shopping area around
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bobby1802
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed June 8, 2007

First off I should explain that I'm pretty fussy about the hotels I choose. Cleanliness is very important to me. I visit hotel review websites and get as much information as I can before I make my decision.

I just got back from a Friday night stay with my two nieces (ages 9 and 11). I chose this property because I had previously stayed at a Courtyard and really enjoyed that experience. I also love the fact that this hotel is completely non-smoking and the security feature of not being able to access sidedoor/backdoor hotel entrances without your room key. Since this night out was a birthday gift for one of the nieces, I wanted a hotel with an indoor pool that she and her sister could enjoy. They were really excited to find that the pool area included a waterslide. There were two lifeguards on duty while we were there.

I reserved the 2 queen bed room from the Marriott website and we did not run into any problems with the reservation. The woman who checked us in was very friendly. Our room on the 5th floor was excellent! It smelled wonderful and was really clean. It included a mini fridge and coffee maker, which is always a bonus in my opinion. And I can't say enough about the wonderful lighting (non-sufficient lighting has always been a pet peeve of mine!). The room included a flat screen television, an iron/ironing board, hair dryer and a nice sized bathroom. The vending machine on our floor was sold out of most of its beverages so we purchased our drinks and snacks in the lobby "Market" connected to the check-in counter. Surprisingly, the prices weren't outrageous and I was able to charge them to my room.

We stayed on the back end of the hotel which has a view of the industrial area and the city lights at night - so don't book here if it's a spectacular view you're looking for!

We had dinner at an Applebee's which is just a walk across the parking lot from the hotel. There is also a Casey's and a Tim Horton's/Wendy's in the same area. I really can't comment on the quality of the food available at the hotel since we passed on the over-priced breakfast that was offered in the hotel lobby area and opted for Tim Horton's instead. (I believe the check-in clerk told us it would be $12.95 for buffet and $8.95 for continental).

Now for the negative ... it was approximately midnight when the hotel fire alarm woke us from our sleep. We scrambled out of our room and headed for the nearest staircase. Outside we gathered with the rest of the hotel visitors for about a half hour until the crowd headed back into the lobby. My only complaint about this visit is was how this particular situation was handled. There were a lot of children who were scared and looking for answers from the adults. Unfortunately, we weren't given many details except for the fact that the non-fire related "incident" that involved a hallway fire extinguisher had occured on the 3rd floor and those guests would have to gather their belongings and be relocated on different floors. The rest of us were allowed to return to our rooms. I felt that the manager should have given us more details as to what had happened even if it was limited due to an investigation. When we checked out later that morning, the clerk was still not able to tell us exactly what had happened but that hotel security cameras were being looked at etc.

With the exception of the night's interruption/disturbance, we really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and I would strongly recommend it to anyone.

• Liked — Cleanliness, comfort, conveniences of property/room and friendly staff.
  • Disliked — The fire alarm incident and lack of a nearby ATM
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank Colbert_Chick
Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Reviewed May 30, 2007

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling with a family. We recently stayed here for 3 days before travelling to Montreal.

Facilities were excellent, (Pool With Slide, Free Coffee and Cookies and free access to the internet via wifi or a computer in reception provided by marriot), The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. There is an Applebees, Caseys, Tim Hortons within 20 secs walk off the hotel.

We found the hotel to be an ideal base to visit Toronto during the day but come back and unwind out of the hustle and bustle at night.

The only thing that you must consider is you require a car to go anywhere as it is away from the central attraction and public transport.

The rooms were clean and spacious - we had a King size bed, sofa bed, fridge, good air con and all the other usual amenities (TV etc..) Bathrooms were clean throughout. Bed was extermely comfy and some of the best nights sleep I have ever had.

I would definately recommend this to anyone asking and we will be back

• Liked — Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — Pool slide only open on certain days
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank KevAberdeen
Toronto
Reviewed April 26, 2007

My husband and I have stayed at the Courtyard Brampton Marriott on several occasions when in town visiting friends, and I can safely say that this hotel is consistently clean, the beds are very comfortable, the bathrooms sparkling. This is a fairly new property( 2005, I believe), and the rooms are quite luxurious and spacious. There's also a number of steakhouse restaurants, a Tim Hortons coffee shop and a Cineplex all in walking distance. The staff are friendly and hospitable as well. There's also a nice pool with a waterslide. We always go back here, even after looking all over the internet at other hotels, we can easily see this is the best bet, considering we once stayed downtown at The Metropolitan Hotel which cost us $175 a night, and it was a dump. The Courtyard costs usually no more than $130, and is always beautifully maintained with outstanding service.

• Liked — Modern, comfortable new accomodations that is surprisingly affordable, without the "cheap" feel
  • Disliked — about a 30 min drive from downtown Toronto, but there's plenty to do in Brampton, still.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CarlitaToronto
canada
Reviewed April 8, 2007

I tried to book a business mediation at this location for October. it was very frustrating dealing with the sales/catering department as they would not even consider this booking until 6 weeks from the requested date. I tried to explain to them I wanted two meeting rooms and I needed them booked in advance in order to accomodate 2-3 lawyers schedules, their clients and any insurance adjusters' schedules as well. I have been booking mediations for several years at Sheratons, Radissons, Ramadas, private clubs, etc., but this was the first time I encountered such difficulty (and rudeness). On a personal and professional level, I likely will not use their services again when there are so many other equitable facilities to choose from.

• Liked — n/a
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business