Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Brampton
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Brampton
“Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Stayed there with my family for one night. The basic room was very clean and spacious and the hotel generally was in a good shape. Good value for the money..not the best location though. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Londonerr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Lambton Shores, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

The room was perfect, king bed, whirlpool tub, large washroom with shower, fridge, microwave large screen tv all in the room. The pool has lifeguards with the fastest slide I have ever been down, hot tub and was open late! The breakfast in the morning was included and had great healthy choices....well done. Complimentary newspaper also.
Just great service and great value. They have a canteen for food items for the microwave in your room as well as forgotten items like toothbrush...I would return

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

This hotel was very clean and quiet. Our room was big and beds were comfortable. The breakfast menu was great. The front desk was friendly and even suggested a couple of restaurants for dinner in nearby area. Overall a very good experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Standard, high quality Fairfield. Room comes with 2 tv's. Comfortable sitting area and bed.

New lobby with large breakfast area. The breakfast standard with industrial scramble eggs. Fresh fruit yogurt. Indoor pool with slide. Hot tub too

Staff very friendly.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
northeast US
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

I'm a Marriott Loyalist but I was surprised by my visit here. I'm not negative by nature, but annoyed and disappointed. This is lengthy but what I experienced.

First, evening desk young man and housekeeping were superb and helpful and Kudos to them. Keep up the great work. They were very professional and too bad the rest of the staff wasn't. For that matter the evening clerk who took my reservation came out when he knew I was there and introduced himself to the chagrin of the older man (probably my age) who gave him a dirty look. Yes, those small acts can make or break other things that go wrong.

Regarding the reviewer who said they opened up the breakfast area for parents so they didn't sit in the hall, this was the first Marriott in 11 years anyone had to ask for that, including those in Manhattan, and the room contained the only ice machine on the premise (or so the woman at the desk said) and they locked the room otherwise so you had to find a staff member to open to get ice day or night. I don't get it, I was in Rochester NY in November and Syracuse NY last week, (Marriotts) and it was wide open with people watching TV and socializing...the way it is to be in these family style places. Teams expect to have a place to hang out and the kids share pizza, watch TV together, etc.

After checking in, 9 1/2 hour drive in heavy downpours, I'm ready to get into bed for maybe 4 hours of sleep and I see a huge boot print and fresh blood drops on the head area of mattress pad and fitted sheet, called desk, older night shift male desk manager/employee handed me sheets and tried to leave, I asked him to help me change he said housekeeping would be in in the morning and "he didn't know how". He tried to walk off twice after that.
I made him change the bed, I told him I'm exhausted, have a bad knee and neck said I would supervise as I don't pay to do my own bedding. When stripping bed he discovered more black prints. YUCK. Never had that at any Marriott property. Not one apology, just annoyance I made him change them.

Requested side entrance room, the nice younger guy went out of his way to hold it for me because of bad knee and hauling of sports equipment, only to have the exterior door swipe work inconsistently the whole weekend, requiring numerous walks around the outside of the hotel with hands full. Second day into the stay I sent my teen who has traveled extensively and pretty immune to attitude as she also officiates, and she was furious because the female day clerk treated her like an idiot and said it was her fault because she had to be keeping the key by her cell. Key still didn't work and at that point I noticed others impatient with same issue so I went back around front, got yet another key that didn't work. When this happened in New Jersey just with an indoor room, I got a call from the manager apologizing and bonus points for the hassle, here?.too bad. I think we were able to use the outdoor entrance twice on our own without having to go in with someone else or walk back around front, and no we aren't lazy, you carry a hockey bag, sticks, tote bag and any meals you buy with a very bad knee and trying not to scrape any cars in the lot.
Second issue, when I was waiting in line behind two gentleman to get the key, they had been there at least 10 or 15 minutes and started questioning each other on whether anyone was around, so being the hockey mom with a kid and homework to do, I started yelling "hello, anyone working? hello, you have a line at the desk, hello, people need assistance", to only have daytime female clerk come out from the back on her cell phone. Her freaking cellphone while customers were waiting!!

I got yet another key which didn't work and usual song and dance about keeping it by cell phones, etc...Personally, with the travel I've done, I think they are cost saving by not changing out the cards enough and they are worn or whatever was wrong with outdoor key swipe was ruining them. Unacceptable. While I'm yelling is anyone available, some guy working in the lobby had the whole sofa taken up with work papers and was miming his impatience with me, can't blame him, BUT.. um..there's a business center, or supposed to be the all purpose breakfast room for someone who needs to work, not force them take up the whole lobby seating..bringing us back to the door to the breakfast area being locked. We needed ice between sports games and my daughter refused to deal with female clerk because of her attitude that the "guests" were such a pain, so I went and the room was locked again, so tell me on what planet does one ice machine exist in a budget level airport hotel on a huge hockey tourney weekend and they lock the door to it? This is the first ever Marriott of any level, and I've stayed at all, 1 - 5, ice machines aren't easily accessible? Of course the higher levels have a large lobby and are designed for higher end clients with vending on minimum every other floor.. and you pay for internet most times so it's expected the lobby is large enough to hold people doing casual online, check out the JW Marriott at 13th and Pennsylvania Avenue in DC..or the Marriott Marquis, or Bridgewater NJ.

On the positive, it was quiet, warm, toilets ran forever, showers good pressure and temp adjustment, mattresses need changed, you roll downward to the side, broken down, and if the key swipe worked would have been a big plus. I saw a coach really get irritated with food, hockey bags, etc when his key took about 6 swipes to work. He tried ours and it was DOA.

Lightbulbs need upgraded. We stayed at a Holiday Inn (not my normal but looked good after this hotel) in September in Oakville and the energy efficient bulbs were bright and of good wattage, here, if you need to put on makeup or read, only the nightstand lamp was bright enough to do so. Be prepared if you do need to apply makeup.

I hate to complain, I really, really do, and that's why I compliment staff that is deserving, but one month later I had to call Marriott rewards because points still weren't applied and then I explained about sheets, ice and key, nothing personal except cell phone incident. I was disappointed in the program because they had the hotel call me. I expected them to resolve, I tried with the hotel, I called the program as a last resort. I just wanted my trip points applied, nothing extra. Very disappointed. Whoever does the travel checks on these franchises needs to wait a few months and start visiting regularly to see what's going on with the place, because compared to others? Needs tweaking at minimum.

Room Tip: 2nd shift desk and housekeeping great, otherwise, good luck.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank eastcoastgirlforever
IL-KDK, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Brampton, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and sharing your experience with us. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay.
After your initial complaint to Customer Care Department, we have been trying to get in touch with you, but we were not successful. We wish you had contacted us during your stay, in order for us to resolve these issues and provide you with a better experience.

We are currently addressing your concerns with our General Manager and Department Heads to make sure you will have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

We also would like to thank you for your positive comments.

Kindly contact us at your earliest convenience to discuss above mentioned issues, as your satisfaction is important to us.

IK
Front Office Manager
Fairfield Inn & Suites Marriott
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

I like to stay at marriott properties because I know what I will get. - nicely appointed room, well maintained, clean and a friendly staff.

We were here for the weekend and a couple young hockey teams were here. Other than a bit of noise during the day it was quiet.

The hotel was smart enough to open the breakfast area to allow parent to socialize there instead of the halls.

Stayed December 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel - very helpful staff, nice room and very clean. Nice breakfast aswell. Stayed here for business and it did the job perfectly...very good free open wifi! Would stay again. Staff also organised my travel arrangements and made my trip hassle free.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business