“nice try”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This is a nice looking place, but the food is ala Caribbean not authentic. Only thing I did like other than the atmosphere was the fried plantain that came with the "jerk" chicken wings. I ordered the traditional jerk chicken but it tasted like wings imo. The quality is good seemed fresh etc but disappointing flavour wise. The rice and peas were not bad you could really taste the coconut milk but it was still missing something. Oh I also tried their jerk fries, they were good with the oxtail gravy. I may try something else but would definitely not go out of my way.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

*************maybe i went the wrong night**********

I walked into this restaurant last night given the reviews I read...omg...hmmm...hmmm...lets just say when you look at two tables beside you and there is no one sitting, but the meals are left uneaten, it usually signify don't stay leave NOW.

Food 1 star ...(to the owner great idea) but please hire professional chefs and serve some authentic Caribbean food that are prepare properly. The rice & beans was cold n taste disgusting, coleslaw makes me want to puke, jerk chicken was tasteless. The curry roti had diarrhea written all over, the wings was just bad.

Atmosphere 4.5 star....excellent idea of a Caribbean restaurant. I have always dream of the day someone would design a Caribbean restaurant where friends can enjoy a night of sitting down together.

Service 3.5 star.....In comparison to other Caribbean restaurant.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Been there twice this month - Once for dining in with my partner & another night for an 8:30 p.m. take out. Had the soup twice - very good. Jerk Chicken wasn't up to par, although the chicken breast was tasty, tender & juicy... it had a smokey mild jerk seasoning. Not the type I'm used to having. Take out Oxtail was good! Chicken Fingers a bit too salty... Rice & Peas need to be a bit more creamy - more coconut milk? Coleslaw portion miniature but great while dining in. There was none in take out bag although it states on the menu that it comes with it... this was on a Saturday night. While @ dine in...side order of plantain was very good. We had this Pineapple Coconut Cheesecake shown above - It's huge so...we shared! It was delicious!
Great to see a classy Caribbean Restaurant in Brampton, On - Decor is inviting and trendy - service was good! Wishing all the best for the success of this new location.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Good new choice in Brampton. Small, friendly staff, good house red wine. I had the fresh catch of the day - red snapper. Tonight's menu offered several other entries that I want to try on future visits including curried goat and ox tail.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

The atmosphere@ one-fourteen - What can I say, This new caribbean restaurant One-Fourteen is what we have been looking for ! I'm so tired of the low end caribbean atmospheres when my husband and I are a craven real authentic flavoured spicy foods! Fine dining, great food and very warm friendly people, I think this is what the GTA was missing. So happy we discovered this place with spice !! My steamed fish was great, and the cheese cake was INCREDIBLE , I think I need a fix every day- its that Good. Way to go one- fourteen, I'll be back.

2  Thank Jocelyn r