“GO!!!!!!!”

That Italian Place Cafe & Eatery
Ranked #24 of 726 Restaurants in Brampton
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Old World Tradition. Quality At A Fair Price. Are You A True Foodie? An Individual That Likes Tasting The Actual Food Unmasked From Over Loaded Seasonings? Then We Have You Covered. If You Want Handfuls Of Spice In Your Sauce, Loads Of Cover Ups, If You Want A Happy Combo Meal On A Budget, This Place Is Not For You. We Are True To Our Roots!
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I had the priveledge of eating there yesterday..!! You have to go and try this place ...The meatballs are out of this world good!!! The portions are generous (I got their large portion ) Lunch there is apparently very busy ..But I still say its worth the wait!!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

My wife and I went her for lunch on 8-13-13. I ordered the spaghetti with bolongese sauce. To me this was the best sauce I've had for a while. Next time I will order the large portion and meatballs. My wife had the veal sandwich and gave me a taste. The veal was cooked to perfection and served on the freshest bun you could ask for. We added red peppers and mushrooms. We can't wait to go back and eat there again. It is truly Italian and so freshly made. Thank you for opening a great restaurant. The staff was friendly and helpful with everything.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The benchmark of any Italian sandwich shop is the veal sandwich - and these boys have it figured out.

Tender lightly breaded veal, comes with a great homemade sauce. Sweet peppers, mushrooms and provolone (all optional at $1.00 per) were on my sammie and it was very very good. Just the right amount of sauce to make it dangerous to eat in a dress shirt. Roll up those sleeves and lean in. Oh and get napkins...lots of napkins.

Casual atmosphere, you order at the counter, find a seat and your food is delivered by friendly staffers.

I did bring back Mamma's meatball sandwich for a colleague at work, and it also received rave reviews.
Might be back later this week!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Having heard the rave reviews about That Italian Place & Eatery, and living in Brampton, I simply had to trek on over to the east side of the city to try it. Was I blown away by the food? No. Did I want to send my meal back? No. Was this authentic Italian? No.

Between the steak sandwich and penne in Bolognese sauce we ordered, I think the penne came out on top simply because the sauce was somewhat more reminiscent of what you would find in Italy or an Italian individual's home. For my steak sandwich, I had the choice of BBQ or tomato sauce. I naturally went with the tomato since BBQ sauce is not used in Italian cooking. The bun was a nice crusty Italian style, but the steak itself had a slightly off taste.

Overall, this was not a restaurant that I'd highly recommend. Will I return? Not likely.

1  Thank Greg P
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had lunch here ... you place your order at the register, pay for it and they bring what you ordered to your table. You order from the "board" based on what's available for the day.

The veal sandwich was excellent (better than California Sandwiches). It's huge and the veal is really tender. The penne with bolognese was also excellent. The large order was a really generous size. With 2 soft drinks cost was approx. $31.

They have desserts, pre-made pasta to go, and some speciality Italian grocery items. It's located at Chrysler Dr. and Williams Pkway, just west of Airport Rd. We live in Brampton but this is not in our neighbourhood, it's worth a detour for lunch. If it was convenient, it would be a great place to pick up dinner to take home.

1  Thank travelfun001