“wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Brampton Dragon - CLOSED

Brampton Dragon
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Whitby, Canada
“wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

Thanks to those who wrote reviews about this restaurant or we would have never come across it.Service was quick and staff were friendly. We were there around 8:30 pm on Saturday April 12 2014. Clean (note - even the washroom). Simple décor.

We ordered Sweet Corn chicken soup - Tasty and a 'Small' was enough for 4 Chinese soup bowls or 2 large servings. The appetizer called HD chicken was new to us - a blend of sweet, spicy, curry flavours. We had it as a main course. We also ordered garlic fried rice, Manchurian chicken (with gravy) and noodles. Each dish tasted different and quantities are more than generous. We'll have the leftovers for dinner today. They seemed to have more take out orders than people eating in the restaurant. This surprised us as the food is so good that I would have expected a line-up at the door. Glad we came here instead of going to a Chinese buffet as earlier planned. We will definitely go there again though we live in the east of GTA!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank ivmails

Toronto, Canada
“Amazing food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Decided to check this place out based on the reviews and it totally exceeded my expectations. The venue is simple but the food is phenomenal. Best manchow soup, Manchurian chicken and vermicelli noodles I've had in my life. Wait staff were polite and service was timely. I highly recommend.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank JenniferGGG
Brampton, Canada
“Yum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

Very good - vegetarian dishes are made separate.
Love the manchurian with vegetable balls, manchurian paneer, vegetable noodles!!
Restaurant is kind of dingy with 90's Hindi music playing in the background - reminds me of a place a business man would take his mistress so he can't be seen. There's Budhas, chinese fans, Christmas lights and other bad decoration lol
But the service is fantasic and food is amazing

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Nikki909
RICHMOND HILL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Genuinely inspiring and best tasting food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

I am not a frequent review writer, so you should consider this genuinely inspiring. We went to Bombay Dragon to satisfy our hunger for good hakka chinese food. And to our surprise the food was amazingly good, tasy, flavourful and spicy. I would really reccommend each of you t try it our. Hey are extremely well deserving. The staff is accomodating to optimize the menu and cater to your tastes and food is delicious. Some recommendations are crispy mushroom, chili okra, hot garlic fish, HD paneer, Manchurian vegetaboes and noodles snd chicken 65.

Try and you will not regret.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank CHARUDUTT S
Toronto
“My First Choice for Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have been going to the Brampton Dragon for lunch for years; the restaurant is a five minute walk from the court house, and I have lunch there once a week or so when my matters get held over until the afternoon.
For $6.99 at lunch, you can have your choice of a soft drink or hot and sour soup (I always opt for the soup: excellent), a spring roll, and your main (rice is included). The first time I dined at the Dragon, I ordered the chili chicken, and I have never ordered anything else in all these years (why mess with a good thing?). The meal has a wonderful "kick" but is not obnoxiously hot, and the portion is more than I can eat. Vegetarian friends whom I have taken have ordered the chili paneer and loved it, and I have, at this point, taken at least two dozen people, all of whom have been happy to return.
I will admit that the ambiance is ... minimalist: fine for a work day lunch but not a place I would go to for a romantic dinner. Oh, and the server (always the same man at lunch) is very polite and pleasant.
If anyone can suggest a better value-for-money lunch spot in Brampton, I would be up to the challenge of checking it out.

• Visited September 2012