I booked this hotel based on price and location. I was comparing hotels in the area for a long-term stay and it was considerably cheaper than the others, and seemed to offer equivalent amenities, free hi-speed, free breakfast, recently remodeled, etc. My check-in experience was not great. The attendant was quite unfriendly. The back door to the parking lot was unlocked and I saw indications that families were living there weak to weak. The signs on the desk indicated the hotel was 100% smoke free, but I later learned that it was a recent conversion. Being an older hotel, there was a lot of lingering smoke smells. The first room I was assigned was on the 5th floor (a previously smoke free floor), but it had strong smoke and musty odors. The alternate room I received smelled better, but had other issues. I was located next to a family with one dog and perhaps a budgie bird. The room was quite dark, dingy and musty smelling. The carpets were dark green, but you could still see stains. It appeared that my room was closed for repairs, but was given to me anyway. There was a vacant area in the corner of the room where a sitting chair would normally be. I assumed it was that way because they were repairing holes in the wall. As a result, there were bits of sheetrock and other materials on the floor. They had not been vacuumed. In the bathroom, the cover for the tub overflow was off, apparently also being repaired. The sink and counter were newish (perhaps part of the 2005 renovation), but the original sink stopper connected to the facet was gone and replaced with a cheap rubber unit. There was black mould in the corners of the tub, and the shower curtain was one of those light ones that stick to you when you are taking a shower. The bed looked ok, but I checked it for bugs anyway. I didn’t see any. There were three pillows for the king bed and there small, old and very brown. I wrapped a towel around the one I used. The microwave and fridge worked fine, but the fridge was dirty and door to the freezer compartment was broken off. It needed to be defrosted too. There was no stopper for the bar sink. I hung my bags on hangers just in case there were any bugs and slept with the light on. I was up early and checked out after just the one night (my original stay was for one week). The breakfast consisted of filtered punches, coffee and toast/bagels. Upon arriving at my next hotel, I thoroughly checked my luggage for bugs and my body for bite marks but it seems I was lucky to get out unscathed. I would avoid this hotel at all costs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only minutes from Toronto Pearson International Airport and attractions such as the Hershey Centre sports and entertainment arena, this hotel in Brampton, Ontario offers complimentary continental breakfast and free local calls. The guestrooms at the Marigold Hotel feature coffeemakers and free wireless internet access. Guests can also visit the business center for shipping and fax services or use the internet kiosk in the lobby. The Marigold Hotel is just a short drive from attractions such as Canada's Wonderland theme park, the Toronto Zoo and the Woodbine Race Track & Casino. Shopping and dining is also available nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Marigold Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Express Inn And Suites - Brampton Hotel Brampton
- Howard Johnson Brampton
- The Marigold Hotel Brampton, Ontario